Scholarly Africa is owned and published by ZOOM Media Pty Ltd., an independent digital media venture based in Sandhurst, South Africa.
Paid internships at Harry Gwala Development Agency (HGDA) 2022 | APPLY NOW
Harry Gwala Development Agency (HGDA) has a strategic mandate to help promote eco- nomic development and create jobs in the Sisonke District.
This enjoins HGDA to play a leadership role in the efforts aimed at creating work and real economic growth and thus imperative that the entity embarks on such an exercise to ensure it can survive in the ever changing environment.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (6 X INTERNS)
The Harry Gwala Development Agency, an entity of the Harry Gwala District Municipality with its seat in Ixopo, hereby seeks to implement an Internship Programme as a means to augment access to meaningful work, create an environment responsive to affording graduates with workplace training and or enhance skills as a means to access gainful employment.
Applications will only be considered from South African citizens who MUST RESIDE in the jurisdiction of the Harry Gwala District Municipality.
On engagement, candidates will be required to sign an Internship Agreement.
Monthly stipend/allowance of R6000.00-R7000.00 per month depending on qualification 36 months (3 year fixed term contract)
- Grade 12/Matric Relevant degree from a recognised University or National diploma from a University of Technology and TVET in the fields of Finance/Supply Chain Management/Internal Audit/Public Administration/Business Management/IT and HR Related Unemployed graduates with no or minimal work experience.
- Prerequisites: Applicants that still need to finish or qualify for a Degree or National Diploma should not apply.
- Applicants must attach a recent copy of the CV, copies of: Matric certificate, academic qualifications with academic transcripts (academic record), and ID MUST ensure that together with letter of application, proof of residence in the form of an original letter authored and signed by the Ward Councillor from the respective ward and Local Municipality must be attached.
- Fraudulent or incorrect details will immediately disqualify applicants.
- The Agency reserves the right to validate submissions.
- Failure to submit the requested documents/information will result in your application not being considered.
- Applicants will be expected to be available for assessments and selection interviews at a time, date and place as determined by the Agency.
- All appointments for internship are subject to the verification and pre-screening process.
- Placement within the areas of qualification/expertise will be at the discretion of the Agency.
- People with disabilities/Differently abled persons are encouraged to apply (please indicate disability on letter of application).
HOW TO APPLY
Letters of Applications with supporting documents must be posted to
Harry Gwala Development Agency, Private Bag X507, Ixopo, 3276.
Faxed, emailed or hand-delivered applications will not be accepted. Applications to reach us no later than 16h00 on 19 September 2022.
Enquiries should be directed to the Office of the Chief Executive Officer on 039 834 2740.
Further correspondence will be confined to shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within three months of the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
NB: Canvassing with/of Councillors, Board members or Management will lead to an immediate disqualification.
The Harry Gwala Development Agency ascribes to the National Equity Principles. The Agency reserves the right not to continue with the interview and appointment if it feels that no suitable candidate could be found.