South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Bursaries 2023 | APPLY NOW
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) invites South African student to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
The bursary is available to students entering their 1st year of study in 2023, in any of these fields related to the bank:
- Actuarial Science
- Information Technology
- Mathematical Statistics
- * Other fields may also be funded, such as Medicine, Dentistry, Social Work
The bursary will be awarded for first academic year and reviewed each year (recipients do not have to reapply for funding each year). Students will be required to submit their exam results by no later than 31 December each year.
Students will have the opportunity to partake in vacation work opportunities each year.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 1 month of the application closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by 30 October 2022, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Candidates may be required to undergo testing and attend an interview before being awarded a bursary.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under the age of 30 years old
- You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- You must intend on studying full-time towards an undergraduate qualification, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be entering your 1st year of study in 2023
- You must have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited university in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% for your Matric June exams
- You must be in financial need
- You must be unable to afford to attend university without a bursary
- You must be from a disadvantaged background
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Apply online: SARB Bursary Application 2023
Applicants will be required to Register an Account before they can Login and Apply.
Applicants must use the following promotional code: SARB2023
– Download and complete the SARB Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Hardcopy applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
- Email: [email protected]
- Fax: 086 609 7183
- Post: Mr John Legoete, P.O. Box 30632, BRAAMFONTEIN, 2017
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at university for the 2023 academic year (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational essay to support your application (approximately 250 words) (read our tips on writing a motivational letter for your bursary application).
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 September 2022.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!