The SAPS offers careers in various fields. If you join the SAPS you can either become a police official or a civilian employee.
Police officials are employed in terms of the South African Police Service Act, 1995 (Act No 68 of 1995).
Civilian employees are employed in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 (Act No 103 of 1994).
- FORENSIC ANALYST – CRIME SCENE LABORATORIES X5 (NORTH WEST, NORTHERN CAPE)
- FORENSIC ANALYST VICTIM IDENTIFICATION CENTRE – FSL (PRETORIA)
- FORENSIC ANALYST SCIENTIFIC ANALYSIS – FORENSIC SCIENCE LABORATORY X2 (PRETORIA)
- FORENSIC ANALYST SAFETY – HEALTH RISK – ENVIRONMENTAL AND QUALITY (GAUTENG)
- FORENSIC ANALYST – QUESTIONED DOCUMENTS FSL (KWAZULU NATAL)
- FORENSIC ANALYST – FORENSIC SCIENCE LABORATORY X58 (HEAD OFFICE X15, KWAZULU, NATAL X3, EASTERN CAPE X29, WESTERN CAPE X11)
- FORENSIC ANALYST – FACIAL IDENTIFICATION (GAUTENG)
- FORENSIC ANALYST- EXPLOSIVES (GAUTENG)
- FORENSIC ANALYST – ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE X2 (HEAD OFFICE & EASTERN CAPE)
- FORENSIC ANALYST – DNA VERIFICATION (HEAD OFFICE)
- FORENSIC ANALYST – CRIMINAL RECORD AND CRIME SCENE MANAGEMENT X65 ( HEAD OFFICE X5, EASTERN CAPE X7, FREE STATE X7, GAUTENG X6, KWAZULU NATAL X7, LIMPOPO X7, MPUMALANGA X7, NORTH WEST X5, NORTHERN CAPE X7, WESTERN CAPE
- FORENSIC ANALYST – CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (HEAD OFFICE)
- FORENSIC ANALYST – BIOLOGY FORENSIC SCIENCE LABORATORY (HEAD OFFICE X1, EASTERN CAPE X7)
- Applicants must display competency in the core functions of the post;
- Be fluent in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English;
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or National Certificate (Vocational);
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification; Must have no criminal record or pending criminal/ departmental cases;
- Computer literacy, interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills;
- Be in possession of at least a valid light vehicle driver’s license.
- The post requirements are applicable as specified in addition to the generic minimum requirements as specified in the specific post.
How to Apply
Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to and all previous/pending criminal/disciplinary convictions must be declared. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form. A separate application form must be completed for each post.
A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
Copies do not have to be certified and original documentation must be produced during the selection process as requested.
Uncertified copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post and motor vehicle driver’s license, must be attached to the application.
The closing date for the applications is 2022-09-09 Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
Appointments will be made in terms of the SAPS Act as applicable to the post environment.
If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview.
Successful applicants to be appointed in terms of the South African Police Service Act, 1995 (Act no 68 of 1995) and applicants not yet appointed in terms of the South African Police Service Act, 1995 (Act no 68 of 1995) will have to undergo a medical examination and maybe subjected to a psychometric assessment and found to be medically and psychologically fit.
Closing Date: Friday, 9 September, 2022 – 12:00.