Applications are open for the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto.
The Scholarships provide an unparalleled opportunity for outstanding international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities.
The scholarship programme is intended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school.
A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students.
The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto for first-entry, undergraduate programmes. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
- The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2022;
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2023 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2023 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered).
To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in the programme, available here.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2023 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines. Be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of programme at U of T. You may apply for several programmes and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time the scholarship decisions are made.
- Once they have received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
For more information, visit Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.