Konrad Adenauer Foundation Scholarships 2023 | APPLY NOW
Since 1999 KAS has funded an internship programme, run by SAIIA in conjunction with the University of the Witwatersrand.
This internship programme provides successful candidates with the opportunity to enrol for a Master’s degree by course work in International Relations, Development Studies, Political Science, Economics, Law or Journalism at Wits, while simultaneously working at SAIIA.
KAS also funds an internship programme in conjunction with SAIIA’s Cape Town office. Applicants for the SAIIA/KAS Cape Town-based scholarship must apply for, and be admitted into a Master’s Programme at the Political Science Departments of either the University of Cape Town, Stellenbosch University or the University of the Western Cape.
The successful applicants have to meet the entry requirements for a Master’s degree at Wits, namely a minimum average of 70%, and should not be older than 30 years.
The duration of the internship is from February to November each year. Successful candidates receive a full bursary for their tuition fees and a monthly stipend to cover their living costs and accommodation.
The programme is output-focused and the KAS-SAIIA scholars, who are assigned to mentors, generally go on to high-profile and high-powered positions in public and private life.
The scholars are supported in honing their methodological, research and writing skills, and are encouraged to:
- Co-publish newspaper articles on topics relevant to the work of SAIIA and their studies;
- Co-author articles in SAIIA publications; and
- Improve their presentation and organisational skills.
To start the application process click here
Closing date: 28 September 2022
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!