UNDP internship opportunities for youth 2022/2023
A communications officer (Intern) is therefore required to work with the WBA communications team to scale up the dissemination of published products on social media and LGBTI CSO online community hub.
Interns are selected on a competitive basis. Applicants to UNDP internships, must at the time of application meet one of the following academic requirements:
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Additionally, must be active on one or more social media sites with a substantial following.
Field of study: communications, journalism, marketing, international relations, political science or equivalent. (Preferred but not required)
Communication: Ability to summarize a large amount of information and translate it into a compelling product for a public audience.
Software skills: Strong IT skills including full competency in MS Office/365. Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe Premiere Pro, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop, as well as social media management software is an asset.
Language skills: Fluency in English is required and additional proficiency in French and/or Portuguese is a strong asset.
How to Apply
Over the last 2 years, the programme has implemented several interventions that promote the inclusion of LGBTI issues in the SDGs; created awareness on the importance for “inclusion”; including publishing knowledge products aimed at guiding and influencing SDG-related policy reform processes.
An online LGBTI community hub has also been established for increasing visibility of LGBTI issues and access to relevant information.
CLICK HERE TO VIEWE AND APPLY ONLINE
Opportunity Closing Date: Tuesday, 6 September, 2022 – 12:00.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!