What is the Connector program?
The Connectors program is a network of high calibre personalities representing Digital Africa to collaborate and contribute to the advancement of the local and regional entrepreneurial and tech, Research and investment ecosystems in Africa.
A connector may be an influencer, entrepreneur, investor, researcher, intrapreneur and or a policy maker.
What is the role of the connector?
- Ambassador representing Digital Africa in the region
- Organize activities/events on behalf of Digital Africa
- Mobilizing resources(financial, opportunities, etc,…)
- Helping in mapping the ecosystems and contributing to suggest solutions
Advantages of becoming a connector
- Visibility and exposure through different Digital Africa’s activities/events
- Financial incentives as described into partnership agreement
- Access to special and specific opportunities by Digital Africa and or by its partners
- To be featured on Connector webpage
- Recommendation as Digital Africa’s partner for possible individual consulting opportunities
- A Unique opportunity to advance the local/regional ecosystem
- Citizen or resident of an African country with a strong background/history of impactful tech initiatives and engaged in promoting, supporting the local/regional community
- Demonstrating the passion of raising local/regional tech profiles
- Tech-savvy or passionate about technology, tech-policy and or science
- Have exceptional critical thinking skills , and be comfortable in a collaborative and distributed environment.
- Be able to initiate and implement different activities/projects by Digital Africa with the aim of promoting entrepreneurial/tech ecosystem in the region
- Recognised as a thought-leader
- Having leadership skills
- Good knowledge of their local/region tech ecosystem
- Able to speak and write clearly in English and or French. Knowing both is an advantage.
- Aligned with Digital Africa’s mission, vision and values
- Familiar with Open innovation, open data, tech for good and tech for inclusive development
About Digital Africa
Launched in 2018, Digital Africa is a € 130 million initiative aimed to equip African tech entrepreneurs with capabilities to design and scale-up ground-breaking innovations for the real economy. We bring together partners of all nationalities – incubators, institutional financiers, venture capitalists, technology clusters – and all committed to African digital entrepreneurs
We work around 3 main axes:
- EQUIPPING HIGH IMPACT DIGITALLY ENABLED START-UP
- SOURCING AFRICAN AND GLOBAL FINANCE TO SCALE-UP PROJECTS
- DEVELOPING RESEARCH & POLICY RECOMMENDATIONS IN SUPPORT OF MADE IN AFRICA DIGITAL INNOVATIONS
How to Apply and Calendar
- 08 August to 09 September: Call for applications
- 12 September to 14th October: Selection and processing
To apply for this exciting opportunity, CLICK HERE.
For more information, CLICK HERE.