Scholarly Africa is owned and published by ZOOM Media Pty Ltd., an independent digital media venture based in Sandhurst, South Africa.
Apply for the Digital Africa Connectors Program 2022 for African tech entrepreneurs
What is the Connector program?
The Connectors program is a network of high calibre personalities representing Digital Africa to collaborate and contribute to the advancement of the local and regional entrepreneurial and tech, Research and investment ecosystems in Africa.
A connector may be an influencer, entrepreneur, investor, researcher, intrapreneur and or a policy maker.
What is the role of the connector?
- Ambassador representing Digital Africa in the region
- Organize activities/events on behalf of Digital Africa
- Mobilizing resources(financial, opportunities, etc,…)
- Helping in mapping the ecosystems and contributing to suggest solutions
Advantages of becoming a connector
- Visibility and exposure through different Digital Africa’s activities/events
- Financial incentives as described into partnership agreement
- Access to special and specific opportunities by Digital Africa and or by its partners
- To be featured on Connector webpage
- Recommendation as Digital Africa’s partner for possible individual consulting opportunities
- A Unique opportunity to advance the local/regional ecosystem
- Citizen or resident of an African country with a strong background/history of impactful tech initiatives and engaged in promoting, supporting the local/regional community
- Demonstrating the passion of raising local/regional tech profiles
- Tech-savvy or passionate about technology, tech-policy and or science
- Have exceptional critical thinking skills , and be comfortable in a collaborative and distributed environment.
- Be able to initiate and implement different activities/projects by Digital Africa with the aim of promoting entrepreneurial/tech ecosystem in the region
- Recognised as a thought-leader
- Having leadership skills
- Good knowledge of their local/region tech ecosystem
- Able to speak and write clearly in English and or French. Knowing both is an advantage.
- Aligned with Digital Africa’s mission, vision and values
- Familiar with Open innovation, open data, tech for good and tech for inclusive development
About Digital Africa
Launched in 2018, Digital Africa is a € 130 million initiative aimed to equip African tech entrepreneurs with capabilities to design and scale-up ground-breaking innovations for the real economy. We bring together partners of all nationalities – incubators, institutional financiers, venture capitalists, technology clusters – and all committed to African digital entrepreneurs
We work around 3 main axes:
- EQUIPPING HIGH IMPACT DIGITALLY ENABLED START-UP
- SOURCING AFRICAN AND GLOBAL FINANCE TO SCALE-UP PROJECTS
- DEVELOPING RESEARCH & POLICY RECOMMENDATIONS IN SUPPORT OF MADE IN AFRICA DIGITAL INNOVATIONS
How to Apply and Calendar
- 08 August to 09 September: Call for applications
- 12 September to 14th October: Selection and processing
To apply for this exciting opportunity, CLICK HERE.
For more information, CLICK HERE.