Applications are open for the Pulitzer Center Gender Equality Grants 2022.
The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting, a non-profit organization that supports independent global journalism, is seeking applications for investigative data-driven projects on issues related to gender equality and the empowerment of women & girls.
Women and girls are disproportionately affected by global crises and face discrimination and violence worldwide. In the fight against the disparities they endure, they show resilience, strength, and leadership.
The Gender Equality Grant is designed to help journalists take to a new level the reporting on issues related to gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
They value stories that elevate the voices of communities not often represented in the media, stories of resilience, and projects that tackle systemic issues of gender equality using data and investigative reporting.
- They do not have a budget range. They will consider projects of any scope and size and we are open to supporting multiple projects each year. The average size of a Pulitzer Center grant is $5,000, but may be more or less depending on circumstances.
- Open to journalists around the world.
- They are open to proposals from freelance journalists, staff journalists, or groups of newsrooms working in collaboration with a project idea. They want to make sure that people from many backgrounds and perspectives are empowered to produce journalism.
- They strongly encourage proposals from journalists and newsrooms who represent a broad array of social, racial, ethnic, underrepresented groups, and economic backgrounds.
To apply, you will be asked to provide the following:
- A description of the proposed project in no more than 250 words.
- A preliminary budget estimate, including a basic breakdown of costs.
- A compelling distribution plan.
For more information, visit Pulitzer Center Grants.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.