Applications for the Open University of Catalonia/EFE Agency International Mobile Journalism Awards 2022 are now open. The purpose of these awards is to reward the best work made with journalistic treatment through mobile devices.
The awards aim at promoting excellence in mobile journalism or Mobile Journalism (known internationally for the Anglicism MoJo) and stimulate the practice of mobile journalism among professionals of the trade and students of journalism and degrees linked to journalism and communication from around the world, with emphasis on journalistic innovation, research and experimentation. Likewise, the awards want to help the promotion and publication of reports that deal with topics that are not present in the media based on work through mobile devices.
The following prizes will be awarded to the winning participants:
- Category “Individual prize for the best MoJo journalistic work made by a student”: €1,000 and €500 in plane tickets.
- Category “Individual prize for the best MoJo journalistic work made by a professional”: €1,000 and €500 in plane tickets.
- Special category “Vueling Award for Mobile Travel Journalism”: €1,500 in airline tickets.
- In the student category: be a natural person over 18 years of age; hold the status of university student, Spanish or foreign, enrolled in an undergraduate, postgraduate or master’s degree in these areas accredited by a copy of the registration.
- In the category of professional: be an active professional who works as an employee or as a freelancer. To prove the status of professional, the participant must provide a link to a professional journalistic content published in the 18 months prior to the presentation or copy of a document that proves current contractual relationship or registration of self-employed.
- In the special category: Vueling Award for Mobile Travel Journalism. Be over 18 years of age and present a mobile journalistic work specialized in the subject related to travel.
The jury will evaluate the works submitted based on the following evaluation criteria:
- Original approach to narrative approach
- Informative interest, relevance of the topic and newsworthiness
- Original fonts used
- Quality and journalistic rigor
- Ethical treatment of information
- Potential of the mobile narrative
Interested parties who meet the requirements and wish to participate in these awards, must complete this registration form and attach the documentation accrediting compliance with the requirements.
For more information, visit International Mobile Journalism Awards.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.