Applications for the Reckitt Fight for Access to WASH Accelerator 2022 are now open. Reckitt believes access to high quality hygiene, health and nutrition should be a universal right, not a privilege.
That’s why they have created the Fight for Access Accelerator, where they will catalyse innovative social enterprises to help tackle the world’s greatest problems and strive for a fairer society.
By leveraging the power of people and their commercial acumen, they will scale innovative, locally designed approaches that enable access to health and hygiene and create long-term, sustainable impact. Through working with social businesses, Reckitt’s investment will live over and over again as the enterprises grow, continuing to create jobs and economic empowerment, enable access and drive positive health outcomes.
The Accelerator will provide:
- Bootcamps: Impact accelerating bootcamps, delivered by expert partners, tailored to unlock specific barriers to growth.
- Mentorship: Expert mentorship from Reckitt’s people, specialists in health and hygiene and a wide range of business functions.
- Funding: Seed funding to invest in growth to scale the business and drive positive health outcomes.
- Open to businesses, start-ups, entrepreneurs, innovators, companies and civil society organizations with commercial solutions (products and services) that, in their application, cause changes and positive impacts on the lives of South African and Brazilian people.
- The enterprises should address the following barriers to access to WASH:
- Improvements for broader and better access within the current model
- Innovation and decentralisation to create a better model for the future
- Enabling behaviour change and community engagement
- They also suggest that the selected solutions and businesses prioritise the following audiences:
- Women and girls
- Population in remote and rural areas
- Population in informal settlements and suburbs of urban centres
Applications will be open until 15 August with the accelerator beginning in October.
For more information, visit Reckitt WASH Accelerator.