Applications are open for the Carmignac Photojournalism Award 2022. The 13th edition of the Carmignac Photojournalism Award (Prix Carmignac du photojournalisme) will focus on Ghana and the ecological and social challenges the country faces.
In 2009, while media and photojournalism faced an unprecedented crisis, Edouard Carmignac created the Carmignac Photojournalism Award to support photographers in the field. Every year, it funds the production of an investigative photo reportage on human rights violations and geo-strategic issues in the world.
The Fondation Carmignac provides the laureate with financial and human resources to carry out their project and produces both a monograph and a traveling exhibition, aiming to shed light on the crises and challenges which the contemporary world is facing. At the end of each edition, four photographs bequeathed by the laureates are included in the Carmignac collection.
- Selected by an international jury, the laureates receive a €50,000 grant to carry out a 6-month field report with the support of the Fondation Carmignac, which produces, upon their return, a travelling exhibition and the publication of a monograph.
- Open to all photographers, of all nationalities.
- Participation can be individual or collaborative.
- It is not necessary to have a press card to participate.
All applications can only be submitted online, before October 17, 2022 at 23:59 GMT, in French or English only. The process is entirely free of charge.
The application includes the following sections:
- Name and first name
- Date of birth
- Address & country of residence
- E-mail address and phone number
- Website and/or social networks
- Publications/exhibitions/awards (pdf only)
- Portfolio (pdf only)
- Project title
- Project description (500 characters minimum)
- PDF (optional)
For more information, visit Carmignac Photojournalism Award.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.