Royal HaskoningDHV is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, through the DHV Education Foundation Trust (The DEF), for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for degree studies in these fields:
- Civil Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Data Science (BSc)
Royal HaskoningDHV established the DHV Education Foundation Trust (The DEF) as part of their commitment to enhancing society. The DEF Bursary Programme provides funding for undergraduate degree studies in selected fields, at South African Universities.
Bursaries will be awarded based on 2 main factors: academic performance and financial need.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation and allowances.
Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to partake in vacation work during their studies. And after graduation, bursars may be offered employment at Royal HaskoningDHV, subject to the availability of graduate vacancies.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards one of the BSc or BEng degrees listed above
- You must have completed your first year of study
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited university in South Africa
- You must have achieved and maintained a minimum overall average of 65%
- You must be highly motivated and dedicated
- You must be passionate about innovation and problem-solving
- You must have proven financial need
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: Royal HaskoningDHV Bursary Application 2023
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or final results (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts to date (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration at a university in South Africa (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or a tax return statement confirming income if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational Essay (to be completed on the Royal HaskoningDHV Motivational Essay Form [.docx])
- 2 Testimonials from educators (to be completed on the Royal HaskoningDHV Testimonial by Educator Form [.docx])
Note: the Motivational Essay Form and Testimonial by Educator Form may also be accessed here.