The correct way to apply for a Government job in South Africa
The Department of Public Service and Administration issued a circular to all national and provincial departments giving notice that job applicants are no longer required to submit certified copies of their educational qualifications and other relevant documents on their applications.
According to the department, applicants must submit a completed Z83 form, copies of supporting documents and a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Public Service and Administration Acting Director-General, Linda Dludla, said in order to lessen the administrative workload to Human Resource sections as well as the cost for applying for a government job, departments are encouraged to request certified copies of educational qualifications and other relevant documents only from shortlisted candidates.
Shortlisted candidates should submit certified copies to the Human Resource section on or before the day of the interview.
The Acting DG said job-seekers applying for advertised jobs in all national and provincial government departments should still fully complete all fields in Part A and Part B of the new Z83 form.
Applicants must answer all areas as it is acceptable for an applicant to indicate not applicable but not acceptable to just leave sections blank.
The department has appealed to applicants to complete all fields in full for both Part C and D. With regard to Part E, F and G, where there is limited space, applicants are allowed to indicate “see attached’ CV, as long as the CV is attached with all the required information.
If the required information is not provided on the CV, the applicant may be disqualified.
The CV is an extension of the application of employment Z83 and applicants are responsible for the information that is provided in it.
“The questions related to conditions that prevent reappointment in the public service space under Part F must be answered, the declaration must also be completed and signed,” said the Acting Director-General.
According to Dludla, applicants who will not utilise the most recent Z83 form for employment issues will be disqualified.
In summary, please note
- Applications must be accompanied by a Z83 form (DOWNLOAD HERE), or obtainable from any Public Service Department.
- Applications must include recent updated comprehensive CV, certified copies of all qualifications, academic record and ID document.
- Failure to submit the requested documents / information will result in your application not being considered.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Applicants will be expected to be available for selection interviews and assessments at a time, date and place as determined by the Department.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!