Applications are open for the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2022.
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München is a leading research university in Europe. Since its founding in 1472 it has been committed to the highest international standards of excellence in research and teaching.
The Chair of Comparative Political Science (Prof. Dr. Nicole Bolleyer) at the Geschwister-Scholl-Institute of Political Science at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich (LMU) is advertising with a start date of 15 October, 2022 the position of a Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
- Pay is based on TV-L, “Entgeltgruppe” E13. The workload is 40.1 hours a week.
- The post ought to be filled by October 15, 2022 and is initially restricted to a duration of one year (probation 6 months) with the possibility of extending the post for one more year.
- Your workplace will be in the center of Munich and is well connected through public transport.
- Severely disabled applicants will be given preference if they are otherwise essentially equally qualified. LMU has signed the “Charter of Diversity” and is committed to the diversity of its employees. They therefore actively promote equality between women and men.
- Applicant should have an excellent dissertation in a discipline relevant for comparative social science research.
- Research goals in the area of the comparative social sciences that fit the profile of the chair and broadly align with themes relevant to the CIVILSPACE project. Themes include but are not restricted to the comparative study of democracy in Europe (e.g. the cross-national study of institutions and institutional reforms and their consequences, of crisis and crisis management, of populism and illiberalism) and the cross-national study of political and/or social organizations (political parties, interest groups, NGOs, civic associations, etc.).
- Knowledge of cross-national data collection and analysis. Knowledge of advanced quantitative methods, especially expertise in the areas of survey research and experimental design is desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently and in teams. Experience with the management of funded projects is desirable.
- Fluency in English. Good German skills are desirable.
Closing date: 7 August 2022
Submit the following (in English):
- Cover letter explaining why you are suited for this position
- Contact data for two referees (referees will be contacted only at the interview stage)
- Outline of a project for the duration of 2 years (max. 3 pages excluding bibliography)
Submit your application per Email (1 PDF, max. 5MB) to Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich, Chair for Comparative Political Science, [email protected] Interviews are planned (via zoom) for August 23, 2022 in the morning.
For more information, visit Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München.