The Eastern Cape Department of Health is located in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa which is spread over an area of 168,966 km2 and constitutes 13.8% of the South Africa land area.
The 2011 Census data showed that the province has a population of 6,562,053. The largest proportions of the population are concentrated at OR Tambo and Nelson Mandela Metro Districts with 20.8% and 17.6% of the total population respectively.
Joe Gqabi District has the smallest population constituting 5.3%.Approximately 61.1% of the population is younger than 30 years and 11.7% of these are under the age of 5 years. About 88% (5 856 276) of the EC population is serviced by the public health sector, as medical aid coverage in this province is only 12%.
The following vacancies have arisen at the EC Department of Health. The vacancies are contained in the South Africa Government Jobs: Circular 26 of 2022 issued on 15 July 2022.
Scholarly Africa is proud to bring you these latest job vacancies.
- Applications must be accompanied by a Z83 form (DOWNLOAD HERE), or obtainable from any Public Service Department.
- Applications must include recent updated comprehensive CV, certified copies of all qualifications, academic record and ID document.
- Failure to submit the requested documents / information will result in your application not being considered.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Applicants will be expected to be available for selection interviews and assessments at a time, date and place as determined by the Department.
- The link we provide below downloads the entire job circular.
- To view entire Circular 26 of 2022, CLICK HERE. You will find jobs for the EC Department of Health on pages 72 – 118 of the document.
- Kindly note that the deadline for the submission of applications is 29 July 2022.