APPLY: SickleInAfrica Research Fellowships 2022
Applications are open for the SickleInAfrica Research Fellowships 2022. The SickleInAfrica Consortium invites applications from eligible candidates for a three-year SickleInAfrica Research Fellowship position to assist in carrying out the cross-consortium research projects.
They are seeking to strengthen each of the 6 SPARCo sites with a motivated researcher who will assist in implementing cross-consortium research projects at each SPARCo site.
They are convinced that the research and management skills required for this post will provide a challenging and rewarding environment for junior researchers keen to advance their careers and to contribute to the sickle cell disease field.
- Assist the PIs in conducting cross-consortium and site specific research projects
- Write research reports as required
- Attend consortium research meetings, both in-person and online.
- Be part of research site visits to other sites as per need
- Contribute to scientific manuscripts together with the research team.
- Present research outputs as requested by the research Principal Investigator.
- Remuneration to be negotiated
- Opportunity to work with a vibrant international team of experts on SCD
- Opportunity to network and receive mentorship
- Opportunity for hands-on training in research implementation, manuscript and grants writing
- Authorship in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Applicant should have a MBBS, Masters degree or Honours degree in the Biomedical Sciences or Epidemiology;
- Be available to start by September 1, 2022;
- Be available to work full-time for the duration of 3-years;
- Be based in the country they will be working from. This includes: Ghana, Mali, Tanzania, Nigeria, Uganda, Zimbabwe/Zambia or South Africa.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse team of researchers
- Excellent technical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Project/Research management skills
- Publication(s) in a peer-reviewed journal(s) will be an added advantage
- You should upload a single pdf containing a 2-paged CV, copies of academic certificates and transcripts
- Upload a 1 page motivation letter from your last academic mentor/supervisor or your current employer.
For more information, visit SickleInAfrica Research Fellowships.