Poliomyelitis Research Foundation (PRF) invites qualifying student to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
The Poliomyelitis Research Foundation (PRF) is inviting students pursuing postgraduate students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Research into Virology, at BScHons, MSc and PhD level.
The duration of the bursary award will depend on the level of the qualification being pursued: Masters students will receive up to 2 years of bursary support and PhD students will receive up to 3 years of bursary support (unless an exceptional circumstance).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or a permanent resident in South Africa
- You must be studying towards one of the aforementioned postgraduate Virology qualifications
- You must NOT be employed full-time
- BSc (Hons) and Masters applicants: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- BSc (Hons) applicants: preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students
How to apply
Download and complete the relevant PRF application form: NEW APPLICATIONS:
- PRF BScHons Bursary Application Form (New Applications) (.doc)
- PRF MSc Bursary Application Form (New Applications) (.doc)
- PRF PhD Bursary Application Form (New Applications) (.doc)
RENEWALS (current bursary recipients):
You may be requested to submit certain supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of permanent residency if not a South African citizen (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, including latest exam results (on institutes letterhead)
- CV, including publications (maximum 2 pages)
- Full scope of your proposed research project
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “PRF Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Closing Date : 15 September 2022
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.