The Civilian Secretariat for Police Service (‘the Civilian Secretariat’) serves as technical advisor to the Minister of Police (‘the Minister’) to evince a transversal civilian oversight capability on the governance, service delivery and resourcing of the South African Police Service (‘the Police Service’).
The Civilian Secretariat performs advisory functions on various matters including but not limited to, departmental policy and strategy, legislation, police performance through conducting audits, communication, community mobilisation on crime prevention, Integrated Justice System and on international obligations and liaison
The Secretary for Police Service as Head of the Civilian Secretariat is accountable to both the Minister and Parliament in terms of reporting. .
The Civilian Secretariat exercises its powers and performs its functions without fear, favour or prejudice in the interest of the maintenance of effective and efficient policing and a high standard of professional ethics in the Police Service.
The Civilian Secretariat is mandated to perform, inter-alia the following:
- Providing the Minister with policy advice and research support,
- Developing departmental policy through qualitative and evidence-based research,
- Providing civilian oversight of the Police Service through monitoring and evaluating overall police performance,
- Mobilising role-players, stakeholders and partners outside the department through engagements on crime prevention and other policing matters, and
- Providing other support services to the Minister in pursuit of achieving his/her mandate.
The following vacancies have arisen at the Civilian Secretariat for Police Service department. The vacancies are contained in the South Africa Government Jobs: Circular 26 of 2022 issued on 15 July 2022.
Scholarly Africa is proud to bring you these latest job vacancies.
- Applications must be accompanied by a Z83 form (DOWNLOAD HERE), or obtainable from any Public Service Department.
- Applications must include recent updated comprehensive CV, certified copies of all qualifications, academic record and ID document.
- Failure to submit the requested documents / information will result in your application not being considered.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Applicants will be expected to be available for selection interviews and assessments at a time, date and place as determined by the Department.
- The link we provide below downloads the entire job circular.
- To view entire Circular 26 of 2022, CLICK HERE. You will find jobs for the Civilian Secretariat for Police Service department on pages 7 – 8 of the document.
- Kindly note that the deadline for the submission of applications is 29 July 2022.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.