Citrus Academy bursaries 2023 for Zimbabwe, SA and Swaziland | APPLY NOW
Citrus Academy invites student to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries are awarded to deserving students each year, for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies in Agricultural-related subjects, specifically the following fields:
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Management
- Agricultural Production
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Production
- Soil Science
Bursary recipients are required to maintain a minimum “D” average and not fail any main subjects, in order to receive funding each year.
Undergraduate, diploma and certificate students are required to undertake vacation work each year, for a minimum period of 4 weeks.
On completion of their studies, students will be required to take up employment within the citrus industry, for a period of time equal to their bursary award.
Bursary recipients will be required to sign a Bursary Agreement, which contains strict academic standards and commitment to the Citrus Academy Code of Conduct.
Successful candidates will be contacted by mid-December 2022 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a citizen of South African, Zimbabwe or Swaziland
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a qualification relating to citrus production or research, specifically one of the fields mentioned above
- You must be entering your 2nd year or higher year of study in 2023
- You must be studying full time or part time at a recognised and registered tertiary institute (University/ University of Technology/ College) in South Africa
- You must be interested in pursuing a career within the citrus industry
Candidates will be selected based on the following main criteria: previously disadvantaged status, relevant field of study, academics, financial need, background relation to the citrus industry, gender (female students will receive preference) and disability (students living with disabilities are encouraged to apply).
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: Citrus Academy Bursary Application 2023
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Passport or ID document, if a citizen of Zimbabwe or Swaziland
- Secondary education results (certified copy)
- Most recent tertiary academic record (certified copy)
- Motivational essay explaining the following: why you wish to study further, your background in the citrus industry, how you will give back to the citrus industry and citrus enterprise when you have completed your studies (max 500 words)
- Details of your proposed research project (postgraduate students)
- Applicants will receive a notification after their application has been successfully submitted.
- After the bursary has closed for application, candidates will be scored according to a weighted scoring system, and ranked.
- Postgraduate applications will be scored in terms of importance and priority, by citrus researchers and academics in various fields. Postgraduate students must provide details of their research project and supervisor in order to facilitate this process.
- After the scoring process is complete, top candidates will be shortlisted alongside current bursary recipients who will be continuing their studies.
- Shortlisted candidates will then be submitted for approval and thereafter funding will be secured.
- Successful candidates will be informed between the middle of December 2022 and the middle of January 2023. If you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 15 September 2022.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!