Aesthetica is looking for the best new writing talent. The £5,000 international literary prize is open to poetry and short fiction entries on any theme, celebrating innovation in content and form.
Since its establishment 15 years ago, the Creative Writing Award has provided a platform for poets and authors across the globe to showcase their work through publication, prize money and exposure.
Aesthetica’s Creative Writing Award jury are successful literary professionals who have judged numerous writing awards. They are passionate about works demonstrating creativity and excellence.
Poetry entries should be no more than 40 lines. Fiction entries should be no more than 2,000 words.
Works published or entered elsewhere are accepted. We accept works on any theme.
You may enter the Award as many times as you wish, although each work requires a fee and new submission form.
For more information, read our FAQs here or for our refund policy. For further enquiries please email: [email protected]
- £5,000 prize money (£2,500 for the Poetry Winner, £2,500 for the Short Fiction Winner)
- Publication in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual
- Full membership to The Poetry Society (Poetry Winner)
- A free 10-week Online Course from the Poetry School (Poetry Winner)
- Consultation with Redhammer Management (Fiction Winner)
- Selection of books from Vintage
- One year print subscription to Granta
Entry Fees:- Poetry £9 | Short Fiction £13.50
How to participate
For further details including how to participate in the competition, please click: Take this challenge
Need help submitting your poem or short story to the Creative Writing Award? Do you have questions regarding entry, publication or the anthology? Find all the answers you need here: Visit the FAQ
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.