Jakes Gerwel Fellowship 2022 | FULLY-FUNDED
Are you in Grade 12? Are you currently in your 1st year at UCT or UP? If so, Jakes Gerwel Fellowship has a mission for you to tackle one of the biggest megatrends of your generation.
We are inviting you to be at the forefront of solving some of the most significant educational challenges in South Africa.
Jakes Gerwel Fellowship is a full university scholarship that provides extensive mentoring and leadership development for top learners with a passion for teaching and education.
- Bachelor of Arts
The bursary is for:
- Grade 12 learners
- 1st year level students (apply as part of the undergraduate intake)
- Final year students (apply to be part of the PGCE intake)
Beneficiaries of the fellowship will be studying at University of Cape Town or the University of Pretoria.
Our partner universities are the University of Cape Town (UCT), The University of Pretoria (UP), The University of Johannesburg (UJ), The University of the Witwatersrand (Wits), The University of the Western Cape (UWC) and Stellenbosch University (SU).
Founded in 2017, Jakes Gerwel Fellowship is fully funded by Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Endowment Teaching Initiative. Our beneficiaries benefit from a world-class Fellowship programme that provides access to personal coaches, mentors and expert teachers, along with elective activities.
Graduates who have completed their undergraduate degrees, qualify as high school teachers through a PGCE and then enter a 2-year induction phase as they are placed in partner schools as newly qualified teachers. Ongoing support and development will continue to be offered through communities of practice.
The entry point into the Jakes Gerwel Fellowship is either as a student in the final year of undergraduate studies to be part of the PGCE intake. Alternatively, if one is a graduate under the age of 30 years old, they may may apply for the Fellowship.
Extended closing date: 25 July 2022
- South African Citizenship (or a South African permanent resident with an SA ID number)
- Under 23 years old
- Currently in Matric (or have completed Matric and on a gap year OR currently in the 1st year of University)
Applicants Currently in Grade 12:
- Minimum of a Level 6 average (70%) for final Grade 11 results (excluding Life Orientation).
Applicants Currently in Gap Year:
- Minimum of a Level 6 average (70%) for final Grade 12 results (excluding Life Orientation).
Please Note: All areas of this application form need to be completed in English.
Contact the Jakes Gerwel Fellowship directly:
Johannesburg office, Tel: 010 900 1244
Cape Town office, Tel: 021 180 4880
WhatsApp: 083 589 2933
Email: [email protected]
Fellows get personal coaches, mentors and expert teachers.
How to apply
CLICK HERE TO VIEW
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!