The vision of the Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development (DALRRD) is to have equitable access to land, integrated rural development, sustainable agriculture and food security for all.
Its mission is to accelerate land reform, catalyse rural development and improve agricultural production to stimulate economic development and food security through: transformed land ownership patterns; agrarian reform; implementation of an effective land administration system; sustainable livelihoods; innovative sustainable agriculture; promotion of access to opportunities for youth, women and other vulnerable groups; and integrated rural development.
The DALRRD invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 31 October 2022
The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development (DALRRD) intends to award comprehensive bursaries to qualifying applicants pursuing and/or intending to further their studies in identified careers in the agriculture, land reform and rural development sector for the 2023 academic
year. The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation, books, meals and monthly allowance. The bursary awards target the previously disadvantaged and impoverished persons from poverty-stricken and rural communities.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• Applicants must be South African citizens.
• Applicants must complete the relevant bursary application forms available from the website address: http://www.dalrrd.gov.za (Click on vacancies).
• Applicants who apply for fields of study that are not listed above will not be considered.
• Please note that communication will be limited to successful applicants only. If you have not received any communication from the department within 14 days after the release of Grade 12 results and after the National Bursary Committee has finalised the selection process, consider your application unsuccessful.
• The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development reserves the right to determine the total number of bursary allocations
for the academic year based on the total budget available.
• No late application forms will be considered.
• Applicants who are not in possession of their University acceptance letter or Final results can submit their application while waiting for the said documents.
How to apply
Download Below Application Forms:
All completed bursary application forms together with certified copies of ID and certificates/performance results should be sent to ONLY ONE of the following addresses:
Sector Education and Training
Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
Private Bag X250
20 Steve Biko (Former Beatrix) Street
Email: [email protected]
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.