Are you interested in an interdisciplinary and collaborative learning on sustainable mobility?
The University of Kassel, Germany, and the University of Cape Coast, Ghana, are jointly organizing an international summer school for young researchers, academia and practitioners from Sub-Saharan African countries.
The MoveOn International Summer School will be hosted in person from October 9th till 15th, 2022 on the campus of the University of Cape Coast.
An additional virtual introductory and follow-up meetings are included.
With the focus on sustaining active mobility in Africa and the promotion of a sustainable mobility system worldwide, it is significant to explore the opportunities of knowledge transfer and exchange on relevant topics, methodologies and practices in research and academia.
The MoveOn Summer School is highly practice-oriented and has a multidisciplinary focus on safe and sustainable mobility. It provides a comprehensive platform that allows for an interdisciplinary and collaborative engagement with researchers and practitioners on highly relevant research areas on sustainable mobility, which require urgent need of exploration.
It also gives an opportunity for young researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa to discuss their research areas, challenges and ideas as well as to strengthen their methodological and practical skills.
Key questions to be addressed in the MoveOn Summer School
- What are the key challenges today in moving towards a more sustainable mobility system?
- How does research contribute to the development of a sustainable mobility system?
- What are the ethical, social and legal policies that support sustainable mobility systems?
- What are the knowledge gaps between research and practice to implement sustainable mobility systems?
- What are the transitional steps required for the implementation of sustainable mobility systems?
Who should apply?
The MoveOn Summer School is designed for young researchers (both graduate and postgraduate students), academia and other external parties from Sub-Saharan African countries interested in the field of sustainable mobility.
We are looking forward to applications from master students, recent graduates, PhD students and postdoc researchers from Sub-Saharan African countries interested in the field of sustainable mobility.
- We are encouraging graduates and professionals from transportation planning and engineering, urban planning, urban design, architecture, transport geography, social sciences and other relevant disciplines to apply
- Females as well as applicants without previous international experience are especially encouraged to apply
- It is expected that participants have a sufficient command of English Language to actively participate in discussions and research project work
- Young researcher, academia and/or practitioner with an interest in sustainable mobility ,
- Availability for the full-time in-person participation during the MoveOn Summer School,
- High motivation expressed in a letter of movation
- Good command of English
We are looking forward to receive your application and to welcome you at the MoveOn Summer School in October 2022 at the University of Cape Coast, Ghana.
The deadline for application is on 18th of July 2022 at 23:59 (GMT).
Successful applicants will be notified by beginning of September 2022.
We are pleased if you share the summer school announcement with fellow students, graduates, colleagues and researchers who might be interested in this program.
The application process is organized in two steps.
- In the first step, to express the interest to participate in the MoveOn Summer School, please fill in the application form at this page below.
- You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your expression of interest and requesting to submit the application documents.
- In the second step, please submit the required documents (letter of motivation (max. 1 page) and CV (max. 2 pages)) per e-mail to [email protected]
For any specific questions on the program and/or application, please reach out to:
- Yana Tumakova, University of Kassel: [email protected]
- Manuel Nii Martey Mensah, University of Cape Coast: [email protected]
The MoveOn Summer School is funded by the Volkswagen Foundation.
For more information, visit MoveOn Summer School.