Scholarly Africa is owned and published by ZOOM Media Pty Ltd., an independent digital media venture based in Sandhurst, South Africa.
Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards 2022 | €5,000 FUNDING
WECF and the Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) are happy to announce that the call for applications for our annual Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards is now open!
The Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards are granted every year to grassroots initiatives and organisations tackling the climate crisis while promoting gender equality.
These solutions are examples of climate resilient and transformative development models that bring multiple social and environmental benefits. They contribute to raising the ambition for the achievement of the 1.5 degree target by 2030.
Three winners are selected by a diverse group of jury members following open and transparent criteria, and are announced during an official, high-level ceremony at the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP).
- Award winners receive a €5,000 monetary award, a chance to attend the COP, which will be held in Sharm el-Sheikh this year, and enter a long-term mentoring programme which helps them strengthen and upscale their outstanding actions.
- Runners-up projects are presented in a written publication, on organisers’ online platforms and at the awards ceremony during the COP.
- All types of activist, grassroots and women-led and gender equality organizations and groups working on issues related to climate change from all over the world are encouraged to apply.
- Only non-governmental initiatives are eligible (local or national government initiatives cannot be considered).
- The activity/initiative should either already have been completed or should be in current operation.
- The initiative must fit within one of the 3 award types of projects.
Winning initiatives are showcased across three different project types, have a look at our previous award winners for examples:
- Non-technical – climate solutions with a women or gender perspective (e.g. in area of efficiency, consumption changes, resilience and capacity building etc.)
- Technical – climate solutions with a women or gender perspective (e.g. in area of renewables, energy or adaptation technologies etc.)
- Transformational climate initiatives with a women or gender perspective (e.g. addressing governance, institutional / societal change etc.)
Transformative solutions for a more just, equal and healthy planet
Through these awards, WECF and the Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) want to showcase transformative solutions for a more just, equal and healthy planet.
If you are part of a climate and gender justice initiative, then apply now.
WECF and the Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) highly encourage activists, grassroots and women-led organizations and groups to apply.
The deadline for sending your application is Sunday, July 31, 2022, 23:00 EST.
Submit your application through the following links:
Please note that you will have to create an account in order to participate. Subscription is simple and free.