Scholarly Africa is owned and published by ZOOM Media Pty Ltd., an independent digital media venture based in Sandhurst, South Africa.
Several teaching jobs available: Maths, English, Computers, History, Sports, etc | APPLY NOW
Several teaching vacancies have arisen at schools affiliated to the Southern African Heads of Independent Schools Association (SAHISA), and Scholarly Africa provides the vacancy list as well as application procedures.
SAHISA is a professional membership and development organisation for heads and principals at ISASA-affiliated schools in South Africa.
The Southern African Bursars of Independent Schools Association (SABISA) is a professional membership organisation for bursars and business managers at ISASA-affiliated schools.
The Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa is the largest and oldest association of independent (private) schools in the Southern African region. ISASA traces its origins to the Conference of Headmasters and Headmistresses, originally formed in 1929.
ISASA has more than 870 school members in South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Namibia, Angola, Lesotho, Mozambique and Zambia. Over 200,000 learners attend ISASA-affiliated schools.
ISASA is a non-profit, voluntary association and schools elect to apply for ISASA membership. Each member school pays an annual subscription fee and, in return, ISASA provides its members with a range of services. These include financial, advocacy, school best practice, professional development and other services.
ISASA does not own or manage any individual schools and is not a governing body for private schools.
1. COMPUTERS (GRADES 1 – 7)
SUBJECT LEADER: SPECIALISING IN COMPUTERS, CODING AND MATHEMATICS
COMMENCEMENT DATE: 1 OCTOBER 2022
SAHETI School is an independent, co-educational, English-medium school dedicated to the pursuit of excellence, whilst promoting the values and ethos of Hellenism. The school is situated in Bedfordview, Johannesburg.
Applications are invited for an energetic, creative and innovative permanent Subject Leader, who meets the pre-requisites below:
- Completed Bachelors Degree in Education or Bachelors Degree and Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Appropriate educational experience in a mainstream school involving at least four years’ teaching experience specifically with Computers, Coding and Mathematics
- Valid SACE certificate and valid police clearance certificate
- Highly proficient in ICT
- Ability to develop and sustain new ideas and work co-operatively with a team
- A commitment to full participation in the extra-mural activities of the school
- Ability to identify with the values, culture, and ethos of SAHETI.
- Head of Primary School Computers, Coding and Robotics.
- Collaborates with the heads of subjects to ensure integration across the phase.
- Collaborates with the heads of computers in the High School to ensure a seamless transition of learners from Primary to High School.
- Manages changes and encourages innovation, communication and healthy risk-taking.
- Teaches Intermediate Phase Mathematics
- Microsoft Certification
- Apple Certification
- Robotics experience
Written applications and detailed curriculum vitae, including the names of two current referees, must be emailed to [email protected]
Closing Date: 18 July 2022
SAHETI School reserves the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date of this vacancy, should a suitable candidate be found. Submitting a CV does not entitle the applicant to automatically be called for an appointment.
Failure to meet the prerequisites of the advertised post will automatically disqualify applicants from consideration for the post. Should an applicant not hear from the school within two weeks of the closing date, it must be assumed that their application was not successful.
POPI CLAUSE: Please note that submission of your application to SAHETI School will be used solely for the purposes of recruitment of the above-mentioned vacancy and all internal process associated with this application.
This data could be used for statutory reporting and the submission of your application confirms your consent to this. SAHETI School hereby confirms that we will ensure that your data is protected as per the POPI Act.
2. MATHEMATICS TEACHER
January 2023 or sooner
St John’s College is a world-class Christian, African school situated on a magnificent campus in Houghton, Johannesburg, offering quality education from Pre-Primary to Post-Matric. The school has an outstanding academic record, entering candidates for the examinations of the IEB and the Cambridge A Levels.
St John’s Preparatory, which forms part of St John’s College, seeks to appoint a dynamic, experienced Mathematics Teacher.
The successful candidate should:
- Have a suitable degree and a teaching qualification and be registered with SACE
- Have experience teaching Mathematics in the Senior Prep, and a thorough understanding of the mathematics curriculum
- Number Sense experience will be advantageous
- Display excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Be passionate about teaching and about boys’ education
- Be innovative and comfortable using technology in the classroom, and in an online environment
- Be a lifelong learner, constantly open to learning about new trends in education
- Be able to interact positively with parents
- Be willing to be involved in extramural activities
- Be able to develop and sustain new ideas and work co-operatively in a team
- Have an appreciation of the traditions and Anglican ethos of the school.
To apply for this position please complete the link:
CLOSING DATE: 26 July 2022.
The school reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. The appointment of candidates is at the sole discretion of St John’s College, taking into account factors such as St John’s College Employment Equity Policy.
Applications are welcomed from South African citizens only or persons with a valid work permit. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from St John’s College within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in your application.
St John’s College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
3. English and Life Orientation
Senior and FET Phase: ACUDEO College Protea Glen (Soweto)
ACUDEO College Schools is founded on the intent to offer affordable quality education in areas where this was previously inaccessible or severely limited. To achieve this whilst striving for the standards set in our founding school, we rely on the experience, passion, commitment and ongoing development of our teaching staff and the involvement and participation of our parent body.
ACUDEO College requires qualified, experienced, and competent English and Life Orientation Teacher to teach in the Senior and FET Phase. Applicants with relevant qualifications and experience must submit a motivation letter stating the subject they are applying for and a comprehensive CV with all supporting copies of qualifications.
- Help students apply concepts through classroom instruction and presentations;
- Prepare lessons;
- Prepare exam papers;
- Manage the classroom;
- Stakeholder management;
- Work closely with school staff;
- Collaborate with other teachers;
- Oversee all students within the school setting, to ensure a safe academic environment conducive to learning and maintain the professional image;
- Enable the success of student academic achievement through implementation of the school curriculum and philosophy and through the consistent use of the school systems;
- Minimum 2 – 5 years teaching experience
- Knowledge of CAPS
- SACE registered
- Experience in teaching Senior and FET Phase
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer literate
- Organising, facilitation and planning
- BEd in Education
- Honours Degree (Advantageous)
For interested applicants, please follow link below
on or before Monday, 08 August 2022.
Visit our website http://www.acudeoschools.co.za
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Disclaimer; ACUDEO College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information, but such information will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
4. HISTORY TEACHER
Marist Brothers Linmeyer is a well-established Independent, Marist Catholic, Co-Educational School, catering for students from Grade 00 to Grade 12. We are committed to excellence in education and thus provide a curriculum that meets the needs of an ever-changing society, without loss of focus on Christian-based morals and values.
Due to further development, the following post is available:
HIGH SCHOOL HISTORY TEACHER – STARTING DATE: 1 SEPTEMBER 2022
- All applicants should have the ability to identify with, and uphold, the Marist Catholic Ethos of the School.
- Be able to teach High School History (Grades 8 – 12).
- A suitable degree will be needed for the position and/or teaching diploma.
- SACE registration.
- Child Protection Clearance Certificate.
- The successful candidates will be expected to participate in the school’s multi-faceted extra-curricular programme.
- All applicants should show creativity and motivation in the classroom and work effectively as a member of a team.
- All applicants should be well-read and display a passion for History.
- Computer literate, displaying teaching creativity in the use of modern IT-related devices/software (iPad, Google Platform).
IMPORTANT: PLEASE INCLUDE ALL NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS AND SACE NUMBER (IF APPLICABLE) ON YOUR CV AND PROVIDE COPIES OF THESE DOCUMENTS.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday, 15 July 2022
Interested, suitably qualified, candidates are requested to fax or email a brief two-page C.V. that includes at least two referees to:
Ms D. Hudson: [email protected]
A comprehensive C.V. will be requested from short-listed applicants. Marist Brothers Linmeyer reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Marist Brothers Linmeyer embraces transformation and diversity.
Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) Disclaimer:
Marist Brothers Linmeyer is committed to ensuring the confidentiality of personal information and all reasonable measures will be taken to protect the personal information of applicants. Your information will be used for the sole purpose of recruitment for this listed post only as well as for statutory purposes as applicable. By applying for this position and submitting your personal details and curriculum vitae to Marist Brothers Linmeyer, you acknowledge the disclaimer.
5. ENGLISH TEACHER
Sparrow Combined Technical Skills School is looking for a qualified English teacher.
SACE registered Educator to join the English department with minimum 4 years High School Experience
The candidate should also have strong classroom management and communication skills.
Your responsibilities will include, inter alia:
- lesson planning and delivery
- development of learning materials and resources
- assessment planning, administration and reporting
Your strong organizational skills in school processes and systems, ability to meet the needs of learners with a range of educational needs will be highly advantageous.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful
Please email CV’s and supporting documents to: [email protected]
Summerhill Private School is an extraordinary multi faith school situated in Midrand, Gauteng.
We invite applications for the following post:
Summerhill seeks to appoint an experienced accountant who will be responsible for producing accurate accounts. S/he will supervise daily financial activities as well as provide financial advice to the senior management team. The position reports directly to the Principals and Owner of the school. The person will be responsible for implementing policies and procedures to ensure effective financial principle and governance.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to finance policies, procedures and systems across all departments;
- Manage one direct colleague and temporary accounting staff;
- Manage and develop effective administrative and financial management services, controls and policies;
- Compliance with statutory legislation relating to financial control, management and accounting;
- Support and guide department heads on appropriate financial activities;
- Report monthly on all relevant operational issues;
- Liaise and manage external audit planning and management;
- Review of contracts to ensure financial compliance and risk mitigation;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts “Actuals vs Budget” with commentary;
- Planning annual finance calendar and participating in all governance meetings;
- Participation at quarterly committee meeting or as required;
- Candidates with relevant experience and a proven track record will be considered;
- Preference, but not a prerequisite, for a qualified candidate (BCom/Compt or a 3 Year Financial Degree or similar);
- Police clearance – no criminal record;
- Clear credit record;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Accounting to Balance Sheet;
- Experience in the preparation of Monthly Accounts;
- Experience of Payroll with processing and relevant knowledge;
- Experience with Credit Control procedure;
- Experience in Budget preparation and reporting;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,) and Pastel Partner.
- Ability to work at detailed and level – hands on approach in a small department;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player;
- Commitment to internal and external customer service;
- Assertive, energetic and self-motivated;
- Deadline driven with an ability to work under pressure, prioritise and schedule workflows;
- Strong reconciliation skills, troubleshooting ability and pro-active problem solving skills;
- Commercial and business awareness;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to deal empathetically with people at all levels and work with confidential matters;
- Excellent organising and administrative skills.
The School reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application in itself doesn’t entitle the applicant to an interview/appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants disqualifying themselves from consideration automatically.
Original certified copies of your qualifications will have to be presented if your application is successful.
Commencement date: August 2022
Please apply by submitting a covering letter and Curriculum Vitae including 2 contactable referees (telephone number and email address to be provided) to [email protected]. Kindly specify the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Closing date: 11 July 2022
Summerhill Private School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but it will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
7. GRADE 3 TEACHER
St George’s Grammar School is a vibrant, co-educational, inclusive and innovative
independent school, preparing pupils for a successful future.
The school seeks to appoint an experienced, suitably qualified teacher to teach Grade 3 as from 01 October 2022.
The requirements for this position are:
- A suitable professional qualification and appropriate educational experience, specialising in Foundation Phase education.
- A willingness to work within the values and mission of SGGS, embracing diversity and ensuring inclusion is fundamental to all actions.
- A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in education.
- A passion for teaching creative curriculum and an understanding of the support strategies to ensure the development of all children.
- The ability to foster and sustain positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- An ability to be flexible, innovative, dynamic and a commitment to working as a team.
- Computer literacy and experience in integrating IT into your learning and teaching.
- A fundamentally future-oriented approach to teaching and learning.
- A commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Proof of registration with SACE supported by a sexual offender’s clearance certificate.
Please preface your application with a letter of introduction, clearly describing the position you are applying for and briefly describing your knowledge, qualifications and experience in the areas listed above. Interested persons are requested to submit a letter of application along with a brief CV (including the names of three recent contactable referees) to the principal, Leigh Melville, [email protected] .
Closing date for applications is: 29 July 2022.
SGGS is committed to the achievement of diversity and equity in employment.
The School reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
If you have not been contacted by the 5th August 2022 please consider your application as unsuccessful.
St George’s Grammar School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but it will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
8. COMPUTER APPLICATIONS TECHNOLOGY
Dainfern College requires a High School Teacher w.e.f. 1 January 2023 in the following subject: Computer Applications Technology
Dainfern College is an independent English-medium, co-educational school situated on Broadacres Drive, Dainfern, north of Fourways in Johannesburg. The College caters for Grades 0000-12 and offers both Cambridge A Levels and IEB Matric as exit exams.
Our ethos is Christian and is based on the core concept of respect. We seek to develop skills for life required to unlock unique personal potential and to nurture creative thinkers with the confidence to become leaders through the provision of an innovative, relevant, and quality education. We celebrate diversity and are affiliated with the international network of Round Square schools. School details can be found at http://www.dainferncollege.co.za.
The successful candidate will:
- Be innovative, creative, professional and experienced in teaching Computer Applications Technology.
- Have a suitable degree, professional teaching qualification and SACE registration.
- Be able to teach at the required FET and GET levels.
- Be familiar with CAPS and the IEB curriculum.
- Be responsible for all duties as required of an academic educator.
- Be committed to subject-related activities; as well as subject offerings beyond Computer Applications Technology (including coding).
- Lead a classroom first by example of conduct and then by instructing students through teaching excellently.
- Incorporate the school’s values into daily teaching.
- Show commitment to the extramural programme of the school
Competencies, Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with parents, staff and students;
- Willingness to engage with students and their families on a personal level to help children in the best way possible;
- An open and creative outlook to education;
- Energetic, self-motivated and able to use own initiative;
- Enthusiastic, assertive and flexible;
- Good organisational and administrative skills;
- Must be a team player;
- Google Education Suite literacy.
- An ability to teach Afrikaans would be advantageous
A competitive remuneration package, superior facilities and a wonderful working environment will be enjoyed by the successful candidate.
Interested candidates are invited to email a detailed CV with at least two recent contactable references to Mrs Patricia Mabilane: [email protected]. Please use ‘High School CAT Teacher’ as the subject line.
CLOSING DATE: 20 July 2022
Dainfern College reserves the right not to make an appointment. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants being automatically disqualified from consideration.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. If you have not heard from the College by 31 July 2022, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) Disclaimer: Dainfern College is committed to ensuring the confidentiality of personal information and all reasonable measures will be taken to protect the personal information of applicants. Your information will be used for the sole purpose of recruitment for this listed post only as well as for statutory purposes as applicable. By applying for this position and submitting your personal details and curriculum vitae to Dainfern College, you acknowledge this disclaimer.
Dainfern College is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to employment equity. Appointments are made in line with the College’s Transformation strategies.
9. Sports Administrator and Physical Education Teacher
COMMENCEMENT DATE: JANUARY 2023
SAHETI School is an independent, co-educational, English-medium school dedicated to the pursuit of excellence, whilst promoting the values and ethos of Hellenism. The school is situated in Bedfordview, Johannesburg.
An exciting opportunity exists to join SAHETI’s dynamic school and sport program.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in managing/administering sport in a school environment
- Experience in coaching various sporting codes in the age groups 14 – 18 years
- Previous involvement in a structured PE program which formed part of the school curriculum
- Willingness to participate fully in the school’s extramural sport program where needed outside of the sporting codes specified for the position.
- Willingness to perform any other duties related to school requirements as delegated by the Director of Sport
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for sport and ability to foster the development and love of sport in students
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Possession of a valid driver’s licence
The following will be advantageous in the application process:
- Previous coaching experience in rugby and water polo
- A degree in Education (either completed or currently studying)
- Relevant qualification in Sport Management/Administration
- Proof of SACE registration
- Coaching qualifications in the relevant sporting codes
- Referee/umpiring experience or a related qualification
- A Professional Drivers Permit (PDP)
To apply for this position, please send a full one-page Curriculum Vitae and a motivation letter, together with the names and telephone numbers of three referees to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 15 July 2022
SAHETI School reserves the right not to make an appointment. Submission of an application does not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview – only short-listed candidates will be contacted. SAHETI School reserves the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date, should a suitable candidate be found.
POPIA CLAUSE: Please note that submission of your application to SAHETI will be used solely for the purposes of recruitment of the above-mentioned vacancy and all internal process associated with this application. This data could be used for statutory reporting and the submission of your application confirms your consent to this. SAHETI hereby confirms that we will ensure that your data is protected as per the Protection of Personal Information Act.
10. FOUNDATION PHASE TEACHER
HOLY ROSARY SCHOOL
Invites applications for the following position:
Holy Rosary School, situated in Edenvale, Johannesburg, is an Independent Catholic Girls’ School and a member of ISASA. We are seeking to appoint a dynamic Foundation Phase Teacher who is passionate about children and has a creative and curious mindset.
The successful applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Relevant academic and professional qualifications
- At least five year’s experience in Foundation Phase teaching, with preference given to Grade 1
- Highly competent in written and spoken English
- A sound knowledge of Microsoft 365 suite would be an advantage.
- Competent in digital or online learning
- A passion for teaching creative curriculum and understanding of the support strategies to ensure the development of all children
- A commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
- Prepared to commit to the Catholic ethos of the school
- Must have a good track record of positive working relationships with management, staff and parents
- Must have had experience in working as a team member
- Must have a love for children and be able to inspire and motivate them
- SACE registered supported by a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
Starting date: January 2023
Suitably qualified applicants are invited to submit a CV, with a letter of motivation and at least two relevant and appropriate references, to the Primary School Principal at [email protected]
The closing date for applications is Monday, 20 July 2022.
Holy Rosary is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to employment equity. In line with POPIA, the School will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applications for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect the information, but it will be used in this recruitment, selection, and application process.
By submitting your application for this position, you are recognizing and accepting this disclaimer. Holy Rosary School reserves the right not to fill the post. An application will not entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in the applicants automatically disqualifying themselves for consideration. If you have not heard from Holy Rosary School within six weeks of the application, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful.