South Deep is recruiting!
This is an opportunity to bring your expertise to a warm family of professionals, working together to become a beacon of pride for our people, communities, stakeholders and shareholders.
At South Deep, we value each person’s contribution and support your ongoing development, helping you to achieve your career aspirations.
|POSITION:||Learner Miner (x 17)|
|SITE:||South Deep Gold Mine|
South Deep Gold Mine invites applications from suitably qualified and dynamic youth interested in pursuing a career in mining.
The South Deep Learner Miner Programme is an 18 month structured entry-level technical and practical learnership programme designed to produce the next generation of mining crew leaders.
South Deep continues to invest in acquiring, developing and adapting industry leading technologies to deliver optimal people, process and system interfaces to drive sustainable safe, efficient and effective production outcomes.
The Programme is orientated on developing entry-level technical proficiency covering basic to intermediate safety-focussed operational delivery cycles. This includes mandatory practical rotation through various mining sub-discipline activities such as Destress, Development, Long Hole Stoping, Load and Haul, Secondary Support, etc.
A differentiating feature of the South Deep Learner Miner Programme focusses on developing Front-Line Leader proficiency on Effective Team Leadership and Engagement, Collaborative Problem Solving, Work Organisation, Planning and Monitoring and, Effective Administration.
The Learner Miner Programme equips candidates with core capabilities upon which to launch an exciting career at South Deep should such opportunity present or, to pursue a career elsewhere within the industry.
- Grade 12/NQF 4 or Higher with Maths and Science
- Fluent in English (Spoken, Written & Reading Proficiency)
- Developed inter-personal and collaborative skills
- Intermediate Problem-Solving Capability
- Willing to work at depth in an underground operation
- Elementary Computer Literacy
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the Gold Fields Occupational Health Centre and pass a Heat Tolerance Screening test, and such other tests as may be required to assess the applicant’s suitability for employment.
- Must have proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or be fully vaccinated by the date of engagement
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commit and adhere to the South Deep Learner Miner Programme according to prescribed MQA/DMRE and defined training curricula
- Apply and maintain diligence in adhering to training programmes, assessments and practical activities
- Assume ownership and accountability for maintaining prescribed learnership pace and initiate performance feedback and developmental discussions
- Promote teamwork, engage in collaborative learning and coaching exercises
- Abide by all health and safety rules / regulations applicable on the mine
- Wear all the prescribed personal protective equipment (PPE) while on mine/ at the training center
- Adhere to the company`s conditions of employment, policies and code of conduct
- Uphold Company Values at all times (both at work and after hours)
For more information and to apply, visit the South Deep Mine webpage: https://www.goldfields-southdeep.co.za/careers/careers-at-south-deep
Closing Date: 12 July 2022
Please note that the Gold Fields code of conduct strictly prohibits the exchange of any payment as part of its recruitment process.
Should you require any assistance or have any challenges in applying for a position, please contact Rosy Monyaki on 011 411 1387 or Phindile Lubisi on 011 411 1586 at the Engagement center Recruitment hub.
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment
NOTE: all relevant certificates must be attached to your CV in order to be considered for shortlisting
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.