Applications for the #Youth4Disarmament Pitching Peace Youth Music Challenge 2022 are now open.
To mark the fourth anniversary of Securing Our Common Future, the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs is launching the Pitching Peace Youth Music Challenge, inviting young people to express their passion for peace through music.
With financial support from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea, the #Youth4Disarmament initiative invites young people, aged 13-29, to share what disarmament means to them and their communities by creating their own music.
The original scores should also reflect one of the four pillars of the Secretary-General’s Agenda for Disarmament for inspiration:
- Disarmament to save humanity,
- Disarmament to save lives,
- Disarmament for future generations,
- Strengthening Partnerships for Disarmament.
- Winners will receive a token grant, ranging from:
- First place: $500
- Second place: $250
- Third place: $100
- They will be invited to perform at a special congratulatory event during the seventy-seventh session of the United Nations General Assembly First Committee.
- Open to young people of all nationalities, who are aged 13 to 29 years old. Submissions will be welcomed and judged in three age groups:
- 13-18 (middle and high school)
- 19 to 24 years (college and graduate school)
- 25 to 29 years (early career professionals)
- Submissions can be from any genre of music and can be performed in all languages. Entrants are encouraged to perform in their native language and should provide a transcript if lyrics are used.
- Submissions will be judged on musical technique, creativity, innovation, theme, performance, and overall impression.
Before filling out the entry form, read the Rules and Regulations. The challenge will close for submissions on August 12, 2022 – International Youth Day, and the winners will be announced on September 21, 2022 – International Day of Peace.
For more information, visit Youth4Disarmament.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.