Cape Town Falling Walls Lab competition 2022 APPLY NOW
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom and University of Cape Town are brining the 2022 Cape Town Falling Walls Lab competition.
Which wall will your research break? Pitch your innovative idea in just three minutes, showcasing a breakthrough that creates a positive impact on science and society.
WHERE: Cape Town
QUESTIONS: [email protected]
DEADLINE: 5 August 2022
LOCAL ORGANISERS & PARTNERS: Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom, University of Cape Town
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Students and early-career professionals of all disciplines.
You must be 18 years or older when submitting your application. You must fulfil at least one of the following formal requirements:
- You are currently enrolled in university
- You are currently a postdoc
- You received a Bachelor’s degree no more than 10 years ago
- You received a Master’s degree no more than 7 years ago
- You received a PhD no more than 5 years ago
* An MD (medical degree excl. a doctoral dissertation) is considered equivalent to a Master’s degree. A Dr. med. (medical degree incl. a doctoral dissertation) is considered equivalent to a PhD.
BEFORE APPLYING, PLEASE NOTE
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- Submitting multiple applications is not permitted.
- Travel & accommodation expenses for international Falling Walls Labs will not be covered unless otherwise stated by the local organisers.
- This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Past participants are no longer eligible to apply.
- No ticket purchase necessary when applying to an international Falling Walls Lab.
- Name, email address, etc.
- Education status
- University / College
- Name of studies/major
- Field of study
- Grade on a general scale
- Expected degree
- Expected graduation year Current affiliation
- Institution name
- Institution city & country
- Upload CV in PDF format, max. 3MB
- Presentation title: Breaking the wall of… (40 character limit incl. spaces)
- Project field as well as subfield within project field (40 character limit incl. spaces)
- Please state the problem you plan to address (200 character limit incl. spaces)
- Please state your solution to the problem (200 character limit incl. spaces)
- Please describe your project in 1-2 sentences (200 character limit incl. spaces)
- Link to project website/video (if applicable)
Download all information here.
Before you apply, familiarise yourself with the application process here. Then, submit your application via the red ‘Apply’ button on the right.
If you are having problems with the form, please contact us at [email protected] . A draft of your application will be saved on our website and, if not submitted, deleted automatically after seven days. During this time, you can access the draft via the link above. Once you click the submit button, you will no longer be able to edit your application.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!