UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Program 2022 for Africans & Germans | APPLY NOW
Applications for the UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Program 2022 are now open. In kulturweit-Tandem, two participants each from an African country and Germany deal with the history of colonialism and its effects on the present.
Together you will develop projects against racism that you can implement in theatres, museums and schools, associations, initiatives or companies in Germany. The program consists of a two-month language course in your country, a four-week seminar on the African continent and a three-month project phase in Germany.
All participants are financially supported and pedagogically accompanied.
What is kulturweit?
The international cultural voluntary service as part of the German UNESCO commission offers young people from Germany aged 18 through 26 the opportunity to get involved in the foreign culture and education policy for the duration of six or twelve months.
During the course, all volunteers are financially supported and accompanied by seminars – this way kulturweit is open to all young people! For more about kulturweit, click find out more.
With kulturweit-Tandem you are committed to a world without discrimination. You gain international experience, give free rein to your creativity in the project phase and establish a network with which you can get involved for a long time to come.
kulturweit offers you:
- Assumption of international and national travel costs for flight or train to the seminar location and to the deployment site
- Subsidy for the two-month language course (German, English, French or Swahili course)
- Accommodation and meals during the international seminar in Kenya
- A full-time job for three months in an institution in the cultural, educational or sustainability sector in Germany including a monthly pocket money of 750 euros
- Foreign health, liability and accident insurance
- Organisation and implementation of the accompanying pedagogical programme
- a contact person at the deployment site
- a contact person for questions about application, selection and placement, visa and security at the German Commission for UNESCO
- Quality assurance and evaluation
- You are eligible to participate if you live in Burundi, Germany, Kenya or Rwanda;
- Must be of legal age;
- Have basic language skills in German and English or French. One of the languages you should speak very well.
Apply from 1 to 25 July 2022! All applications received by 25 July at 12 noon (CEST) will be considered equally.
For more information, visit Kulturweit Tandem Program.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!