Glencore bursaries for undergraduate studies 2023 | FULLY-FUNDED
Glencore is a major global diversified mining group, listed on the London & Swiss Stock Exchanges with its headquarters in Zug, Switzerland.
The Group maintains a meaningful position in seven major international commodity markets: copper, coking coal; thermal coal, ferrochrome, Nickel and zinc, with additional exposures to platinum group metals, gold, cobalt, lead and silver.
The Group operations span four continents and eighteen countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Germany, New Caledonia, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Peru, the Philippines, South Africa, Spain, Tanzania, the USA and the UK.
“Our goals are to grow and manage a diversified portfolio of metals and mining business with the single aim of delivering industry-leading returns for our shareholders.
“We recognize the importance of developing and maintaining a strong professional skills base. In this context the continuous flow of new talent into our operations is a strategic commitment to our future, and to yours.”
Bursary Opportunities for 2023
Glencore South Africa (Alloys Division) would like to offer students, who obtain at least a C+ symbol at Higher Grade for both Maths and Science the opportunity to apply for a bursary.
Bursaries are offered in the following fields of learning:
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
What the Bursary offers?
- Composite registration and Tuition fees
- Residence fees (including meals)
- Prescribed textbooks
- Monthly cash allowance for incidental expenses
- Financial assistance to first year engineering students for the purchase of a calculator
- Financial assistance with purchasing of a personal computer from the second year of study if prescribed by the University.
- Paid Vacation work (6 weeks per year compulsory)
- A compulsory “work back” period – 1 year for every year of study
Who should apply?
- Students in Grade 12: Minimum of a B symbol in Mathematics, Science and English
- Current University students: Must have passed all modules
Selection is based on academic results and an interview with Glencore Alloy’s Bursary Committee.
These industry bursaries may not be held at the same time as any other significant industry bursary.
How to apply:
- Start your application by clicking HERE and click also the “begin” button / Or just click here.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form
- Deadline: Friday 29 July 2022
Source: Glencore Careers
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!