New job vacancies at the Department of Public Works | APPLY
The Department of Public Works and Infrastructure is one of the ministries of the South African government.
The department is responsible for providing accommodation and property management services to all the other ministries of the South African government.
New job opportunities have opened up at the Department of Public Works, and ScholarlyAfrica brings you the jobs details below. Note that people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
REF NO: 2022/237
- Grade 10 and appropriate experience in cleaning environment, good communication skills.
- Knowledge of cleaning material and equipment will be added advantage
ADMIN CLERK: GIS: IMMOVABLE ASSET REGISTER (PROJECT & DATA ADMIN)
REF NO: 2022/236.
- A three-year tertiary qualification (NQF Level 6) in Information Technology, Science, Geography, Real Estate and Geographic Information Systems.
- Relevant experience in Immovable Asset Management, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and State land Administration.
- Experience in 55 verification of immovable assets (land and buildings), interpretation of CSG diagrams and Deeds information will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy.
- Decision making skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and Communication skills.
- Good Verbal and written communication Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadline driven
WORKS MANAGER: BUILDINGS
REF NO: 2022/235
- A three year tertiary qualification (NQF Level 6) in Building or Construction Management or a related qualification accompanied by proven technical experience or A relevant N6 Certificate plus Trade Test completed Successfully accompanied by appropriate technical experience in the built environment.
- A valid driver’s licence. Computer literacy.
- Knowledge and understanding of the PFMA, the OHSA, the National Building regulations, the Environmental Conservation Act as well as Government procurement systems.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of estimating and scheduling techniques.
- Willingness to travel and work irregular hours.
- Sound analytical and good Communication (both written and verbal) skills
How to Apply
CLOSING DATE: 15 July 2022 at 16H00
Kindly take note that with effect from 01 January 2021, DPSA approved the new Z83 Application Form (obtainable from any Public Service department); applicants are requested to use the new application form as failure to do so will result in their application being disqualified.
The Z83 form must be signed when submitted. Please not note that applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application but must submit the Z83 and a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
The communication from HR of the department regarding requirements of certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates. Therefore only shortlisted candidates for a post will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR.
The application for employment Form (Z83) provides under the sectional “additional information” that candidates who are selected for interviews will be requested to furnish additional certified information that may be requested to make final decision. It must be borne in mind that when a document is certified as a true copy of an original, the certifier only confirms it being a true copy of the original presented.
Therefore, the certification process does not provide validation of the authenticity of the original document. The validation occurs when the documents is verified for authenticity. Regulation 67 (9) requires the executive authority to ensure that he or she is fully satisfied of the claims being made and these read with Regulations (57) (c) which requires the finalisation of Personnel Suitability Checks in order to verify claims and check the candidate for purpose of being fit and proper for employment.
Applications not complying with the above will be disqualified. Should you not have heard from us within the next months, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Note: It is the responsibility of all applicants to ensure that foreign and other qualifications are evaluated by SAQA.
Recognition of prior learning will only be considered on submission of proof by candidates. Kindly note that appointment will be subject to verification of qualifications and a security clearance. Faxed or late applications will NOT be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates must be willing to undergo normal vetting and verification processes. Should you not have heard from us within the next 3 months, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ERRATUM: Kindly note that the following 3 posts were advertised in Public Service Vacancy Circular 21 and 22 dated 10 June 2022 and 17 June (1) Photocopier Operator: Registry Ref no: 2022/208, Centre: Cape Town Regional Office (2) Deputy Director: Human Resources Management Ref No: 2022/211, Centre: Port Elizabeth Regional Office. (3) Process Controller: Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Ref no: 2022/223, centre: Kimberly Regional Office (4) Cleaner: Facilities Ref no: 2022/, Centre: Nelspruit Regional office, was advertised without a reference, all of the above mentioned positions have been withdrawn.
Opportunity Closing Date: Friday, 15 July, 2022 – 12:00.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!