MARS is calling for recent graduates to apply for an internship opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the food industry.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. They produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES® and COCOAVIA®.
Alongside their consumer brands, they proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through their nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™ and Pet Partners™.
Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries.
The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire their 125,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
About the Quality & Food Safety Internship
This 1-year Internship is an entry level position that provides new graduates with the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the food industry
Intern to support the Mars Site Sterilization expert with thermal process validations.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.
The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Who should apply?
- Food Technology or Food Science Graduate
- Diploma/Degree in Food Technology /Food Science /Biotechnology / Analytical Chemistry or Microbiology
- Must be proficient in English
- Must be Computer Literate
- Report writing experience will be preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint for effective communications
- Hand-on assistance in the factory with preparation of pouches and samples for the thermal process validation studies
- After hours support may be required.
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
How to Apply
Opportunity Closing Date: Monday, 11 July, 2022 – 12:00.