Liberty Group Limited offers Actuarial Science bursaries to full-time students from their second year.
A Liberty bursary covers tuition; accommodation, meals and a travel allowance (where applicable); support; networking opportunities and vacation work.
You will be guaranteed employment once you have completed your studies at university.
- Maintain continuous excellent academic performance in all modules in first year of study;
- Maintain an overall average above 60% and average 65% or more for mathematical and actuarial modules;
- Good leadership qualities and participation in extramural activities such as sports, debating societies, chess clubs and various olympiads, etc. is an added advantage; and
- South African citizen by birth or descent.
To provide specialist actuarial support that enables sound commercial advice through the application of probability & investment theory and related statistical tools and the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOP’s.
0 – 1 year experience in a similar environment
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas [NQF Level 07] in Mathematical Sciences
Additional Minimum Qualifications
Actuarial Science Graduate
- Apply relevant research methodologies, tools and techniques to effectively and purposefully gather information.
- Provide specialist advice and support in area of accountability to ensure that identified solutions and recommendations are appropriate and effective.
- Perform required actuarial and other analyses for management reporting, and make recommendations to support these analyses.
- Stay abreast with latest actuarial development tools and techniques in order to conduct analysis in an informed manner.
- Accountable for the execution of specialised work including the improvement of quality, standards and outputs within defined work routines and operating procedures.
- Proactively solves problems, determines root-cause and applies solutions in line with guidelines and providing the necessary information to solve problems related to area of specialisation.
- Plan for own task execution and advises on improvements related to area of specialisation.
- Completes actuarial tasks that are relatively granular with detailed output requirements defined
- Performs data checking and validation work
- Applies analytical tools and techniques, including model building, to solve actuarial problems
- Adheres to spreadsheet standards and maintains audit trails.
- Builds a basic understanding of general actuarial insurance knowledge, e.g. statutory reserving and capital requirements, IFRS reporting, product pricing etc.
- Builds a basic understanding of company specific knowledge, e.g. product knowledge, company structure, business rules, policies, processes etc.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery and Treating the Customer Fairly (TCF) principles to provide specialist support and guidance.
- Adhere to specified standards, policies and procedures to prevent potential losses/wastage related to the area of specialisation.
Learning and Growth
- Interact proactively with others for the purpose of continuous knowledge sharing; and integration of own new knowledge.
- Contribute positively to own area-specific knowledge improvement associated with area of specialisation.
- Continuously assess own performance, seek timely and clear feedback and request training where appropriate.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of work and continuously identify, rectify and escalate risks where necessary.
- Adheres to Actuarial Guidance Notes and any other applicable regulations.
- Research and Information Gathering (Basic)
- Quantitative Skills (Intermediate)
- Modelling (Basic)
- Statistical and Mathematical Analysis (Intermediate)
- Professional/Technical learning (Basic)
- Organisation and Attention to Detail (Basic)
- Interpersonal Effectiveness (Basic)
- Problem Solving and Analysis (Basic)
- Teamwork and Cooperation (Basic)
- Relationship Management and Networking (Intermediate)
- Customer Orientation (Basic)
How to Apply
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.