Scholarly Africa is owned and published by ZOOM Media Pty Ltd., an independent digital media venture based in Sandhurst, South Africa.
ERWAT Internship Programme 2022 | APPLY NOW
Ekurhuleni Water Care Company (ERWAT) is a truly indigenous South African company with extensive expertise in all aspects of water and wastewater management.
ERWAT’s purpose is to improve the environment and human well-being by providing sustainable water care and resource recovery.
Established in 1992, ERWAT provides bulk wastewater conveyance and treatment to thousands of industries and more than 3,5 million people.
It currently operates 19 wastewater treatment works that release between 700 to 1000 megalitres of wastewater, both domestic and industrial, per day.
ERWAT’s strategic focus areas are:
- To utilise the best technologies to provide the right-sized wastewater treatment works at the right time in the best geographical location.
- To provide sustainable, affordable and quality wastewater services through scientific, innovative and effective organisational practices.
- To continuously research and develop new technologies and energy-saving methods, tested prior to implementation.
- To be a partner of choice for growth and to create competitive value for shareholders and stakeholders.
An opportunity exists within ERWATs Commercial Business Department for two In-service Trainees to participate in ERWAT’s Internship Programme on a twelve-month contract basis working within the Commercial Business industrial effluent sites.
The applicant must fulfil the following requirements:
- Must have completed all theoretical modules required for a National diploma in Chemical Engineering.
- Have not taken part in a formal Internship/Experiential learning programme.
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Have excellent communication and written skills.
- Be able to stand for long hours and be physically fit.
- Good time management / organising skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Own transport is essential.
The appointment of candidates is at the sole discretion of ERWAT taking into account factors considered relevant, including but not limited to the companies Employment Equity Policy and Strategy.
Please forward your application, certified copy of ID and qualifications to [email protected] and clearly state in the subject line In-service Trainee.
Applications closes on 7 July 2022. Please note that should you not have heard from us by 30 July 2022, you should consider your application unsuccessful.
For enquiries please contact Mr Thembhani Chabalala at 011 929 7000