Applications are now open for the 2022 Westerwelle Young Founders Programme which will see selected entrepreneurs getting a chance to fellowship in Berlin, Germany.
After the German conference participants will return to their respective country and the programme will continue remotely.
During this time monthly peer-mentoring calls will be held in smaller groups, along with monthly expert sessions and webinars. Founders will also be able to schedule regular calls with their mentors.
The foundation does not invest in participants’ startups, but if possible will provide them with relevant investment contacts from its network.
Call for applications
Applications for the Young Founders Programme are open! It feels like we just started the previous cohort but it’s already time to start looking for the founders for the next cohort kicking off in September.
The Young Founders Programme (YFP) is a 6-month fellowship offering founders in Asia, Africa, and Latin America 1:1 mentorship, expert sessions, and access to a global network of entrepreneurs and supporters.
The top 10 founders of each cohort get the chance to travel to Berlin for a 5-day conference.
You can now submit your application through our website or share this post with someone who you think should apply.
Westerwelle Foundation will host an info session on Wednesday July 13th to answer all your questions about the programme.
They are looking forward to meeting their next Young Founders!
About the Fellowship
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme (YFP) is a six-month fellowship for 25 leaders uplifting emerging and developing markets towards a sustainable future.
This is a fellowship for outstanding young entrepreneurs from emerging markets. It brings together leaders from all over the world, who are united in the pursuit to achieve entrepreneurial greatness.
5-day conference in Berlin / 6 months remote programme
50 young founders from emerging markets
Mentoring, Peer Learning, Expert Sessions, Buddy Programme
They offer targeted support to scale their founders’ ventures and develop their leadership abilities, with the following programme plan:
- Kick-Off Conference: A two-day digital kick-off conference will take place in the first week of September 2022.
- Remote Programme: From September 2022 – February 2023, the Young Founders will receive six months of support including a personal mentor, monthly peer mentoring sessions, monthly expert workshops and networking opportunities with corporates and investors.
- Berlin Conference: The ten best performing Young Founders will be invited to a five-day conference in Mai 2023. During this conference, the founders will have the opportunity to pitch in front of investors, participate in workshops, join networking events and get insights into the German start-up scene.
They are looking for entrepreneurs with high potential for impact and growth to become leaders of a sustainable future, with the following criteria:
- You are a citizen or resident of a developing or emerging country.
- You have recently (in the last five years) started a for-profit company focused on developing or emerging markets.
- Your company possesses a scalable business model that has ideally generated revenue or secured a first round of external funding.
- You or your business possesses disruptive qualities that can increase the quality, impact or inclusiveness of the industry.
- You possess a good working knowledge of English.
- You are available to attend the digital kick-off conference and can make time to participate in programme activities for the six months.
The following application will provide our Programme Team with an understanding of your startup and profile.
Please have the following key elements ready:
- Your startup pitch deck
- Basic financial information (i.e. revenues, funding)
- Your LinkedIn profile
With these on hand, the application will take approximately 20 minutes. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
To apply, click here.
For more information, visit https://westerwelle-foundation.com/programs/young-founders-program/
Application deadline: Tuesday, August 9 at 11:59 CEST
Interviews with shortlisted candidates: August 22-27, 2022
Notification of all applicants: 30 August 2022
For further questions, please sign up for the info sessions
Or on the 02/08/2022:
For technical issues ONLY (i.e. cannot submit form): please email [email protected]
For news about other programmes and opportunities you can follow their social media channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter