Do you want to win hundreds of dollars in cash prizes?
Join the Trash to Cash Challenge 2022 today! Start collecting materials that otherwise would go to waste and create a new product with them.
The Trash to Cash Challenge is a new programme developed to encourage young people to become eco-preneurs: to do some good in the world and develop life skills through a short business challenge with an environmental focus.
- There are 4 prizes worth USD $1,200 in total.
- In addition, every participant that completes the submission form by the deadline will receive a Certificate of Participation!
- Open to all young people, aged 25 or younger, in any country.
- The participants must be 25 or younger, but teachers of all ages are welcome to support the participants.
- You can participate individually or as a team of up to 5 people with friends, classmates or siblings.
- Teams may submit a maximum of one entry.
- Submissions are encouraged to contain the following:
- Photographic evidence of 1) the amount of trash collected, 2) the product(s) you created from the trash collected, 3) you selling the product(s) and 4) your sales records, showing how many products you sold, the price(s) you sold them for and the total income generated.
- The posting of an original video clip on social media is required to participate in the Public Choice prize. The video must last 2 minutes or less, and it must show the waste collected, the product created and the process of selling it. Only one video is permitted per individual or team, but you can submit through the Submission Form up to 20 links of the same video posted in your own social media accounts on different platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok). The video posted in social media must be set to public mode using the #TrashToCashChallenge. On Instagram, the video must be posted as a reel or a video displayed in the feed, not an Instagram story.
- You must have full copyrights to the submitted material, including sound effects and music if used. Competition submissions must not include any obscene, violent, racist or defamatory content.
There are 3 simple steps:
- Get prepared: Create a product(s) you could sell out of materials that would otherwise go to waste e.g. plastic bottles, waste paper etc. Remember to weigh the amount of trash you collect.
- Sales Day: Sell as many of the product(s) as you can on the Sales Day: Saturday, July 2. You have 1 day only to make as much money as you can!
- Submit your entry: Create a short video of your experience and share it on your social media. Complete the simple submission form – tell them how much waste you saved, what product you created and how much money you made, with a link to your video and photos.
The actual submission form will be available from July 2, 2022. Here is an example submission form.
For more information, visit Trash to Cash Challenge.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.