Scholarly Africa is owned and published by ZOOM Media Pty Ltd., an independent digital media venture based in Sandhurst, South Africa.
Sappi bursaries for diploma and degree studies 2022 | APPLY NOW
Sappi invites applications for its talent-based bursaries and scholarships for the year 2022.
Sappi was formed in South Africa in 1936 to serve South African consumers with locally produced paper.
Sappi Southern Africa operates five mills and has a combined production capacity of 93,000 m3 of sawn timber, 690,000 tons of paper, 624,000 tons of paper pulp and over a million tons of dissolving pulp per annum.
The pulp purchased by our European business is effectively hedged by Sappi Southern Africa being a net seller of pulp.
A number of regional functions like finance, human resources, sales and marketing, technical and engineering as well as board functions are also based there.
About Sappi bursaries
At Sappi, we want to encourage the brightest young talent to join our ever evolving industry.
Sappi awards a number of bursaries each year based on our annual skills audit and business needs.
Our bursary scheme is intended to cater for talented and innovative young South African citizens.
It is a talent-based approach where applicants who meet the minimum criteria are invited to a selection interview.
Who is eligible for a bursary?
School leavers or university students between 18 – 25 years old who are studying or intending to study full time at any South African accredited university in one of the following fields:
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Mechatronics
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Forestry and Wood Science
- National Diploma – Pulp and Paper
- National Diploma in Forestry
In addition, you are required to have:
- South African citizenship
- An average of 70% in Mathematics (not Maths Literacy), 70–80% in Physical Science and 60% in English and
- Qualifying points for entrance at the university or acceptance confirmation
Current university results will be considered for undergraduate students. Note that preference will be given to learners with an average of 75% and above in Mathematics and Physical Science.
When to apply
The bursary period is open from 01 April to 30 September and the recruitment cycle takes place between October and November every year.
How to apply
All applications must be completed online, please click here to apply.
For application queries please contact us on:
+27 11 407 8111 or [email protected]