The sports bursaries are awarded each year to talented athletes.
The funding comes from the university as well as from the courtesy of past Wits sports activists, social communities and alumni.
The bursary offers the following benefits:
- Academic support.
- Cost of tuition.
- Guidance through the course.
The candidates must check the eligibility criteria for applying for the bursary. There should not be any exception or the application will be rejected.
- The candidate must be a sports player/athlete of any kind.
- The candidate must be either currently studying at WITS or have applied to study for the upcoming year.
- The candidate must complete the registration/enrollment before applying for the bursary.
How to apply
Applicants can apply via the official site of WITS. The candidates would need to fill out a google form.
Note: If a candidate plays more than one sport, they need to fill out a different form for each sport.
All the mentioned documents must be submitted with the application form or the application will be rejected.
- Valid ID documents.
- Proof of enrollment/application to study at WITS.
Closing Date & More info
The applications begin on 1 April 2022 and will be closed on 30 September 2022. All the interested candidates must complete the application before the deadline.
Candidates can contact the bursary provider directly for any queries.
Telephone: +27 (0)11 717 1888 (for admission)
+27 (0)11 717 1000 (general enquiries)
Ground Floor-Solomon Mahlangu House
(formerly Senate House)
Private Bag 4