South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE) invites student to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
The South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE) is inviting students to apply for their SPEBS (SAICE Patrons Engineering Bursary Scheme) bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
Each year, the company awards bursaries for Civil Engineering studies (Degree or National Diploma).
The bursary was founded in 1992, administered by the South African Institution of Civil Engineering, to provide financial assistance to academically deserving students.
The bursary will be awarded to the maximum value of R6 500 per student per semester – this funding is intended to assist students with paying for registration fees, tuition and prescribed books.
Bursaries are awarded per semester, based on academic merit. Bursary recipients may be funded until the completion of their qualification, depending on academic performance and availability of funds.
Successful candidates will receive feedback during March 2022 or September 2022, when they will be required to provide certified proof of registration. Funding will be paid directly to the tertiary institution.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a Civil Engineering qualification (Degree or National Diploma)
- You must have passed and completed all previous subjects
- Degree students: you must have passed first semester exams – the bursary will sponsor 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students
- National Diploma students: you must have passed S1/ first level exams – the bursary will sponsor S2, S3 and S4 students
- You must be studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have proven financial need
- You must have a strong academic record
How to apply
Download and complete the SPEBS Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, including most recent results (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (certified copy) (successful applicants only)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Email: [email protected]
– Fax: 011 805 5971
SAICE Career Guidance
Private Bag X200
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.