The Government of Mauritius has announced the commencement of its 2022 Mauritius Africa Scholarship and is inviting applications from qualified postgraduates who are citizens of African Union member states or African Commonwealth nations to take part in this wonderful opportunity.
- Applicants for Mauritius Africa Scholarships must be over the age of 18 and not have reached their 26th birthday by the application deadline; for Master’s programs, applicants must not have reached the age of 35, and for PhD programs, applicants must not have reached the age of 45 by the application deadline.
- Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus study for the academic year beginning in 2022 at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
Qualification entry requirements
- Candidates for Mauritius Africa Scholarships must have successfully finished the end of secondary school and must meet the following minimum grade requirements: I at least a 70 percent overall average or an overall average of 14/20; OR (ii) criteria equivalent to I or (ii) above; OR (iii) criteria equivalent to I or (ii) above; OR (iv) criteria equivalent to I or (ii) above; OR (v) criteria equivalent to I or (ii) above; OR (v) criteria equivalent to I or (ii) above; OR (v) criteria
- If the qualifying examination’s language of instruction is not English, the candidate must submit either a valid TOEFL or IELTS test result with a minimum score of 550 or 5.5, or suitable proof of English language proficiency.
- Candidates who already have a bachelor’s degree are ineligible for this scholarship.
- Self-financing students who are already studying in Mauritius are not eligible for this scholarship.
The Scholarship will help successful students pay their tuition fees and contribute to their living expenses.
Furthermore, airfare from the country of origin at the start of the studies and back to the country of origin at the completion of the studies will be covered, using the most cost-effective route.
This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the start of the studies and back to the country of origin after the studies have been completed successfully.
Applicants interested in the Mauritius Africa Scholarships can click the button below to apply
Applications should be sent to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at the address listed below, together with any relevant supporting papers for final selection.
The Senior Chief Executive,
Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology
(Attn: Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division)
Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544.
Republic of Mauritius (Email: [email protected])
Intake Deadline for electronic submission Deadline for submission of hard copy
- October 2022: 15th August 2022 22nd August 2022
For application forms, click the below links:
For more info, visit Mauritius Africa Scholarships