The Canadian University of Dubai Scholarship is currently seeking applications from international undergraduate students who wish to study in Dubai.
About the Canadian University of Dubai Scholarship
At Canadian University Dubai, we are proud of our commitment to providing all students with a high-quality Canadian education. We recognize the value of diversity and individuality, and we do not want financial constraints or unique needs to prevent you from enrolling.
CUD offers the following scholarships to help reduce some of this anxiety and to recognize excellent academic achievers:
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Sports Scholarship
- Financial Hardship Scholarship
- Special Needs Scholarship
- Special Talent Scholarship
- All students of any nationality who meet all of the entry requirements are eligible for the Canadian University of Dubai Scholarship
- Full-time students participating in four or more academic courses per semester are eligible for scholarships. The number of academic courses students must enroll in for Financial Hardship and Special Needs Scholarships will be determined on a case-by-case basis, though a minimum of four academic courses is recommended. Please keep in mind that scholarships are only available for credit-bearing courses.
- In order to continue receiving scholarship funds, students must maintain the required cumulative grade point average (CGPA). The CGPA criteria differ depending on the type of scholarship being applied for. These specifics can be found in the scholarship descriptions.
- Summer semesters are not eligible for scholarships.
- Scholarships are only good for the current semester’s tuition.
- Students are eligible to apply for several scholarships if they meet the eligibility requirements. If a student is eligible for more than one reduction, scholarship, or discount, he or she will be offered the option of selecting the scholarship with the highest value.
- To get and keep the scholarship, all remaining fees (tuition and housing) must be paid on time.
Please keep in mind that the number of scholarships available is limited, and in order for their application to be considered by the scholarship committee, students must meet the minimum selection requirements for the appropriate category. The amount of money provided is determined by the requirements for each scholarship.
The Canadian University of Dubai Scholarship offers the following benefits to successful candidates.
50% tuition waiver: To be eligible for a 50% tuition waiver, high school students must have a grade point average of 99 percent* or higher. Current CUD students renewing their scholarship must have a semester CGPA of 3.98 or better at the end of the semester to continue earning a 50% tuition waiver.
40% tuition waiver: To be eligible for a 40% tuition remission, high school students must have a grade point average of 95 to 98.9%*. Current CUD students renewing their scholarship must have a semester CGPA of 3.95–3.97 at the end of the semester to continue earning a 40% tuition waiver.
30% tuition waiver: To be eligible for a 30% tuition waiver, high school students must have an academic average of 90–94.9 percent*. For current CUD students renewing their scholarship, the semester CGPA must be between 3.9 and 3.94 at the end of the semester to continue earning a 30% tuition waiver.
20% tuition waiver: To be eligible for a 20% tuition remission, high school students must have an academic average of between 85 and 89.9%*. Current CUD students renewing their scholarship must have a semester CGPA of 3.85–3.89 at the end of the semester to continue earning a 20% tuition waiver.
10% tuition waiver (returning students only): High school students who received an automatic 20% tuition waiver their first semester at CUD and maintained a CGPA of 3.8–3.84 may be eligible for a 10% tuition waiver the following semester.
Applicants interested in the Canadian University of Dubai Scholarship can click the button below to apply:
Applicants must email their scholarship application forms, along with all supporting documentation, to Student Affairs (or visit the scholarship section of Student Affairs) (as detailed in the relevant sections of the different scholarship types) to [email protected].
- The scholarship application deadline for the fall semester is July 7th.
- The scholarship application deadline for the spring semester is December 20th.
- Please note that late or incomplete scholarship applications will not be considered by the scholarship committee.
For more info, visit the Canadian University of Dubai Scholarship
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.