If you’re looking for a career that’ll take you places, introduce you to dynamic new concepts and provide an exciting and challenging work environment, Volkswagen Group South Africa is the right place.
Learn more about the following job positions currently available at Volkswagen Group South Africa.
|Job Title||Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
|Location – Province||Eastern Cape|
|Location – Town / City||Kariega|
|Type of Position:||Applications are invited from suitably qualified & experienced employees to fill the above vacancy in Information Technology – Infrastructure and Security Department.|
Job description and responsibilities
Performing and/or Leading teams of people to:
– The CISO is responsible and accountable for achieving the information security objectives within the defined scope of the legal entity by operationally running the ISMS.
– Maintaining and measuring the effectiveness of the ISMS.
– Implement processes to identify IT risks, recommend appropriate responses, and lead on validation of the effectiveness of controls to reduce the company’s risk and vulnerability.
– Act as security expert, support, and provide guidance to key internal and external stakeholders (IS, internal audit, the Brands, Group Functions, 3rd party partners) to ensure that all security matters are understood and managed).
– Implement, chair and lead a new to setup Web Application Panel processes, for reviewing and analysing business led internet initiatives to ensure compliance, risk and security topics are fully considered.
– Provide significant input into contract management processes to ensure that external Consultants, Outsourcing Partners, and 3rd party suppliers conform to VW Group security policies and guidelines.
– Lead on the development of relevant security policies and guidelines, and ensure that appropriate training and awareness is delivered to the business in order to develop a better understanding of security risk.
– Lead on the development of relevant security policies and guidelines and develop training and awareness programmes to ensure that suppliers to Volkswagen Group SA are able to meet their Information Security obligations.
– Keep up to date with Group security initiatives, and industry security issues, trends and technologies in order to identify and propose improved security solutions that meet VWG SA business requirements.
– Define and manage the overseeing of the IS Risk Management process with regards to function/departmental risks, ensure alignment with SA company and AG approaches, and ensure provision of relevant reports to the IRMA and GRC.
– Oversee the Risk Acceptance process for highly complex projects/activities that cannot fully comply with policy, in order to identify and report the risk(s), and obtain sign off from the appropriate stakeholder(s).
– Act as the Local Information Risk Officer (LIRO)Act as Local Information Compliance Officer (LICO).
– Identify IT risks/threats and highlight and recommend security measures.Oversee IT security policy and administration as well as all IT security decisions.
– Validate the effectiveness of IT security measures.
– Support management regarding questions in terms of IT security.
– Regularly conduct meaningful campaigns by communicating with all users re IT security matters.
– Maintain contacts with local IT security expert agencies and keep abreast of local developments in the IT security field.
– Oversee the investigation of security breaches and assist with disciplinary matters as necessary.
– Co-ordinate independent security audits.
|Education and Experience||– 3 year IT (or related) Qualification – degree or diploma (minimum)|
– CISSP and\or other advanced security relevant certifications
– 4 to 8 years business systems experience, with recognised IT qualification.
|Skills, Attributes & Other requirements||ESSENTIAL:|
– Thorough understanding of general business processes and/or VW core processes
– Project Leadership (medium to large)
– Good knowledge of the corresponding system environment in the VW Group and other industries and that of suitable market leader products
– Good knowledge of I.S. resources and financial constraints
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, go here: https://vw.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Login
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.