GWK are pioneers in the agri and food value chain, committed to shaping a sustainable business, driving growth and providing a better future for all stakeholders.
GWK Ben Scholtz Bursaries
The Ben Scholtz bursary fund offers students the opportunity to obtain a qualification in careers available within the GWK Group.
This fund can be used for registration, class and book fees. Candidates who obtain their qualifications will be considered for vacant positions in GWK.
If a vacancy is not available, the bursary will be converted into a loan to be paid back to the Group.
GWK Group invites student to apply for Ben Scholtz Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards a careers within the GWK Group, including the following:
- Corporate Managers
- Cultivation, procurement and marketing of all grain products, potatoes, lucerne/alfalfa, cotton, peanuts, pecan nuts and grapes, among others
- Estate Agents
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- Livestock marketers, agents, advisors and auctioneers
- Marketing and Communication
- Marketing of input products such as fertilizer and seed
- Mechanics and Irrigation
- Research and Development
- Risk Management and Audits
- Safex trading of products
The bursary award will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and prescribed textbooks.
Successful candidates will be contacted by no later than 31 October 2022.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for this bursary (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have a good academic record
- You must be studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: GWK Ben Scholtz Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (copy)
- Most recent exam results (on institutions letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full course details
- Statement/ Invoice of all fees involved in your selected course (including registration fees, tuition and prescribed books).
Bursary Application Closing Date: 31 August 2022.