2022 Learn Africa Canarias scholarship for African women | FULLY-FUNDED
With the support of the Department of Economy, Knowledge and Employment of the Government of the Canary Islands, the Women for Africa Foundation is launching, for the second year, an online scholarship program with the aim of offering new learning opportunities to African women and, especially, to Spanish-speakers or with a high level of Spanish, since most of the studies are taught in this language.
ScholarlyAfrica.com is happy to bring you this exciting scholarship opportunity.
The registration period will remain open from 22/06/2022 until 03/07/2022 at 11:59 p.m. (Madrid).
Only applications submitted through the website will be accepted.
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. The degree required may vary depending on the scholarship requested (see detailed information of each scholarship).
- Have a stable internet connection and the appropriate technical equipment (computer, laptop, tablet …). All courses are online.
- Fulfill the specific requirements and have the technical/technological material required for the scholarship you are applying for.
- Only one application per person will be allowed.
To apply for a scholarship you will need to attach the following documents:
- National identity card/Passport
- Photo (.jpg format preferably)
- CV (Previous education, professional experience, languages spoken).
- University Degree (as required)
- Academic Record
- Motivation letter* (see below)
- Official language level accreditation if required (You may attach it only if required by the scholarship you are applying for).
- Any document specifically required by the scholarship
You must describe your professional competences and personal motivation: the reasons to take the study program you are applying for, what you can offer to the programme and the host University, and why you consider yourself a suitable candidate. You must be able to instil the readers’ interest and convince them of your suitability for the scholarship.
It must be addressed to the host University and must show your interest and reasons for obtaining it.
The text has to have spacing (1.0) and normal margins.
Size: only one sheet, on one side.
- The writing language must be the language of the scholarship you want to apply for.
- It must be short, concise and honest.
- It should reflect your personality, and provide details and interesting aspects about yourself that show that you are a suitable candidate.
- You must learn before hand about the host University. Show in your letter that you know well the institution and what it offers.
- The motivation letter is not a CV, it has to provide other information of interest. It is also a means to demonstrate your communicative skills.
What scholarship covers
- These online scholarships cover registration, tuition fees and certificate issuance costs.
- You must have a properly configured computer equipment and operating system to follow the online course, including Internet connection, web browser, operating system, desktop applications, webcam, Zoom/Microsoft Teams applications, etc.
- In order to know the language of the course you want to apply for, it is important that you read carefully the information shown in the description of the course you are interested in. Before applying, make sure you are aware of all the language and additional requirements.
- For those courses delivered in Spanish, a high level is required. This level will be proved through the presentation of a recognized language diploma/certificate, or through a telephone interview with the University.
- The beneficiary agrees to present a duly certified and translated copy of her university degree to the Spanish university (when required). If you are selected, we recommend starting this administrative process immediately after you accept the scholarship.
How to apply (including video)
To apply for Learn Africa Canarias scholarships you NEED to register on the platform. The procedure to register is the same as in previous editions, below you can find an explanatory video. If you are already registered, you can use the same username.
Have a look at the available scholarships and click on the button “Apply”. A form will be shown and you will have to fill in all your details and attach the requested documents. We suggest you read the form in detail and have all the information/documents prepared before completing it. In the form, you must select a single course.
Important: before submitting your application form, please check all the information you input. Once the application has been submitted, it CANNOT be further modified. Watch the video guideline:
If you have any questions or you need any additional information, please contact the Foundation at:
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!