Wouldn’t you want to launch your new career in Data Engineering. Master SQL, RDBMS, ETL, Data Warehousing, NoSQL, Big Data and Spark with hands-on job-ready skills from the world’s top technology company?
Scholarlyafrica.com brings you this great opportunity where you can obtain a globally recognized and in-demans certification for FREE.
Note also that this program does NOT require any prior data engineering, or programming experience.
About this opportunity
This opportunity is offered by IBM, the global leader in business transformation through an open hybrid cloud platform and AI, serving clients in more than 170 countries around the world.
This Professional Certificate is for anyone who wants to develop job-ready skills, tools, and a portfolio for an entry-level data engineer position.
Throughout the self-paced online courses, you will immerse yourself in the role of a data engineer and acquire the essential skills you need to work with a range of tools and databases to design, deploy, and manage structured and unstructured data.
By the end of this Professional Certificate, you will be able to explain and perform the key tasks required in a data engineering role.
You will use the Python programming language and Linux/UNIX shell scripts to extract, transform and load (ETL) data. You will work with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and query data using SQL statements. You will use NoSQL databases and unstructured data.
You will be introduced to Big Data and work with Big Data engines like Hadoop and Spark. You will gain experience with creating Data Warehouses and utilize Business Intelligence tools to analyze and extract insights.
Each course includes numerous hands-on labs & projects to apply the concepts and skills you learn.
The program will culminate in a Capstone Project where you will bring together all of these skills to develop and implement an entire data platform with various data repositories and pipelines to address a real-world inspired data analytics problem.
This program does not require any prior data engineering, or programming experience.
- Start instantly and learn at your own schedule.
- Earn a Certificate upon completion
- 100% online courses
- Flexible Schedule: Set and maintain flexible deadlines.
- Beginner Level: Basic computer skills and a grounding in IT systems.
- Comfort working in either Linux, Windows, or MacOS. No prior programming or data skills needed.
- Approximately 15 months to complete: Suggested pace of 3 hours/week
- English Subtitles: English, Korean, Arabic, Persian
- Anyone from anywherw in the world can enrol anytime and start learning
- No degree or prior certificate or diploma in any field is required.
How to enrol
To start on the learning journey and get your career on a solid path, visit the official IBM page for this opportunity by clicking on the link below:
Or the permalink below:
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.