An implementing mindset or an elaborating mindset: Which one is yours?
By Seipati Seoke
RESEARCHERS of the entrepreneurial mindset have clarified the difference between an implementing mindset, and an elaborating mindset as that which distinguishes between those who simply conceive ideas and those who manifest their ideas.
Those who employ the elaborating mindset are those who analyse themselves out of even getting started. Implementors take chances and work the idea until they figure out how to make the idea a success.
They bring the idea to life even though they don’t yet know much about how it will work.
There’s a beautiful scripture that speaks volumes, it has become my rational to-do.
“The only clean stable is an empty stable. So if you want the work of an ox and to enjoy an abundant harvest, you’ll have a mess or two to clean up!”Proverbs 14:4 TPT
Those who fear failure, or the mess that comes with new attempts will have to forgo the harvest of possibilities.
Nothing comes ready-made. We work it until it works, and if it doesn’t after having done all to make it so, we work another idea. May your ideas see the light of day.
We live in a world where we buy and employ people’s ideas every day.
- Seipati is an SABC presenter with Lesedi FM. A graduate of GIBS School, she is also a marketing strategist.
- This article was taken off her LinkedIn page.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!